Weird power window issues. Some windows when car is locked and turned off. 2013 GT

:
2013 CX5-GS, AWD
So I dont know if this is normal but in the almost 7 years Ive owned the car Ive never sat in it with the ignition off for long. Tonight I was sitting in it for 40 minutes, windows down and power off. Key in my pocket. I was able to wind all the windows up and down except the drivers door with the power/ignition off. Sunroof and drivers window non responsive. Turn ignition on but not starting engine. I can control drivers and sunroof too.

Drive home turn car off. Open and close door but stay seated. Can operate all windows except drivers and sunroof. Get out lock it. Come out a few minutes later hand my keys to my son who is about 15 feet away and get him to unlock door. I get into the back seat and he locks it. I cant operate either rear windows. I lean over the front seat and reach the drivers door panel and can now open all the windows except drivers and sunroof. Weird as I was simulating a fully locked car no key present. I motion to my son and he unlocks the doors and I get out. Turn ignition on and can operate all the windows again.

Are the passenger and rear windows always live? Seems wrong to me. Someone could push a coat hanger into the door jamb hit the button and lower a rear window. Doesnt seem secure. Someone tell me that this isnt normal procedure?

My car, about 3-4 years ago had the corroded C15 connector that the dealer fixed with replacement parts from MAZDA. Im wondering if they buggered up the wiring in the door somehow. Also my drivers window frequently forgets the auto function and I have to lower and raise it a couple of times before it remembers.

Any idea why this is happening? Im due for an oil change soon and will probably ask the dealer to check but it just seems weird! I suspect the wiring is buggered.Thoughts?

No, not supposed to do that. Could be something in the door, but it sounds like the ignition switch or maybe some kind of relay isn't shutting everything down like it should be. Power is getting to the door somehow when it shouldn't be. Does anything else turn on with the switch off, like the radio or some other accessory?
The C15 looks to be like a pretty busy harness so it's very possible something is going on there.
attachment.php

Attachments

• c15.jpg
    c15.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:
Thanks!
Everything works as normal except for the three passenger windows in question are always powered. I talked to the dealer and they're going to take a look next week when I bring the car in for an oil change.

I suspect that when they put it all back together, they installed the power feed for the passenger windows to an always live circuit, I believe as part of the repair they had to strip and re solder some wires...it would be an easy mistake to make if you weren't being careful. I'll update next week after they've looked at it.

UPDATE: I haven't picked up the car yet, but the dealer has replicated and fixed this issue. Apparently there was short in the main wiring harness and they've repaired it ($200 later....) I wish this had happened closer to the big repair, I can't say almost 4 years later that the two are related (even though I know that they are) no way to prove it though...still at least its fixed, I was worried about battery draining or even possible fire if the electrical decided to short and melt something (I've seen it happen!) Just glad its fixed!

Back