2017~2024 Weird brake noise

:
2021 Acura RDX
Hi all,

I had the front rotors and brake pads replaced on my 19' GTR back in Nov. (warped rotors). Anyway, I've been noticing lately, that when I come to a stop, I am getting some brake noise. It's similar to when the anti-lock braking system kicks in. I live in the Midwest, so I am not sure if could just be the results of the cold, snow, and ice.

Any thoughts before I have to take it back to the dealership? Ugh!

I'd (safely) make several medium hard to hard stops (not so hard to get into abs). Could be just a layer of corrosion & gunk from the nasty weather.

Try and get an audio recording of the noise as well. Just so that you have something to show to the dealer. It will help in eliminating some guesswork on the dealer's end.

I have recently noticed a "chuf chuf " kind of sound on slowing and the noise stops when the wheel stops rotating. It sounds like it could be something rubbing the mudflap or something but I am pretty sure I need to clean and lube the caliper guide pins.

I have recently noticed a "chuf chuf " kind of sound on slowing and the noise stops when the wheel stops rotating. It sounds like it could be something rubbing the mudflap or something but I am pretty sure I need to clean and lube the caliper guide pins.
I'm guessing I probably need to have the caliper guide pins cleaned and lubed again as well. I will have Mazda take a look at my next oil change. Thanks, guys!

I did one of mine last night on the front left. Not a lot of grease in there and pretty dirty. The bottom one has a rubber part near one end so I used silicon grease on that part and near the rubber boot. I sprayed white lithium grease on the middle part with a very light coat.

I'd forgotten how easy it is to do them. I didn't remove the caliper. I loosened both bolts but only removed one at a time while I lubed that pin. The hard part was removing the wheel.
I should probably do the other three wheels soon.

After a test drive it seems only one wheel was affected. The noise is gone. I still have the jack out of the trunk so I might still do the other three.

Hi all,

I had the front rotors and brake pads replaced on my 19' GTR back in Nov. (warped rotors). Anyway, I've been noticing lately, that when I come to a stop, I am getting some brake noise. It's similar to when the anti-lock braking system kicks in. I live in the Midwest, so I am not sure if could just be the results of the cold, snow, and ice.

Any thoughts before I have to take it back to the dealership? Ugh!
@Jman136 My 2020 GTR has a knock sound when I'm stopping. It happens when it slows down to around 12 to 10 mph. It seems to only happen if I was previously going at 40mph or faster. Is this the same as what you were referring to?

My 2019 GTR is making a knock sound also and always happens when performing a 3-point turn to reverse direction. Go forward, turning left, begin to brake, klunk. Reverse, turning wheel to the right, begin to brake, klunk. I'm at my mechanic now, he heard it and now has it up on the lift. I asked him to prepare me for my visit to the dealer because only 13k miles on the vehicle.

My 2019 GTR is making a knock sound also and always happens when performing a 3-point turn to reverse direction. Go forward, turning left, begin to brake, klunk. Reverse, turning wheel to the right, begin to brake, klunk. I'm at my mechanic now, he heard it and now has it up on the lift. I asked him to prepare me for my visit to the dealer because only 13k miles on the vehicle.

There is this TSB that states the clunk is part of normal operation.

With that said, there is a brake TSB for an issue that sounds similar to yours, but is specific to the CX-9.

Related thread: https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/ind...gnature-strange-noise-when-braking.123873721/

Related TSB:

Again, the TSB is specific to the 2016-2020 CX-9, but it should also be applicable to your 2019 CX-5 GTR as both cars share some similar components. At the very least, the dealership could use one (or both) of the TSBs as reference/starting points for diagnosis.

I hope you didn't run over something.
Only 13k, it can't be normal.

Back