Weathertech Digital Fit Floor Liner - Now Available for CX-5

Glad these became available so quickly! It took a couple of years before Weathertech made these for my Hyundai Genesis. My wife's a horse rider, so she routinely drags a lot of dirt into her vehicle. We've used Husky liners in the past, which are very effective, and these custom-fit Digital liners should really do the trick in the CX-5. I ordered a set today, so I'll post my thoughts after they arrive. Not sure why they sell them in tan and gray because, to paraphrase Henry Ford, "You can have your carpet in any color you want, as long as it's black."

Last edited:
Thanks for posting! I just ordered mine to insure that they arrive before my CX-5 arrives at the dealership!
P.S. kobec, I can't wait till you post more pics!

Thanks for the heads up...I just placed a order!!

Last edited:
ouch, thats 70bucks more than the mazda ones, anyone have pics of the stock allweather mats to compare?

IMHO there is no way to compare the Weathertech liners to the Mazda all weather mats. I had both in my Mazda 3. The Mazda mats quickly start showing wear (drivers side anyways) and don't really provide much coverage. The Weathertech liners that I purchased used on eBay showed almost no wear after 2 years of daily driving. My only "con" on these liners is they will become a little discolored. I didn't find a cleaner that would make them a dark black and not slick. I kept them after I traded and recouped some of the cost of the new liners by selling them on another forum. I ordered my new liners today and cannot wait until they arrive. Another plus is that your carpet will look almost new when you take them out so you can expect better resale down the road. I think they are well worth the extra $$$!

Photos of Weathertech Digital Liners Installed

I received my Digital Liners today. I only ordered the front liners, as the rear liners are individual and therefore don't cover the transmission hump. For the rear, I purchased an all-weather "runner" from Wally World. It obviously doesn't fit as precisely as the custom liners but it does the trick and only cost $20. Plus, we rarely have rear seat passengers, so there's less chance of dirt, spills, etc. there anyway.

As to the front liners, I'll give Weathertech a "B" for the driver's side and an "A" for the passenger side. First, the driver's side liner only covers about 40% of the foot rest, so that problem hasn't been solved; a left shoe is still going to grind dirt into the carpet on the foot rest. So, I may have to try the cut-down rear mat idea that I discussed on the "dead pedal" thread.

The bigger issue IMO is that rather than molding the liner close to and around the fuel door latch on the floor, they angled the liner to bypass it, which leaves a fairly large gap exposed right at the door where dirt is most likely to get in, thereby somewhat defeating the purpose of the custom fit. Otherwise, the liners fit well and pop securely onto the "buttons" embedded in the carpet.

Here are the photos:

Full view of the driver's side liner: IMG_1166.JPG
View of the foot rest: IMG_1168.JPG
View of the fuel door latch: IMG_1167.JPG
Full view of the passenger side liner: IMG_1170.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1169.JPG
    IMG_1169.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 730
the rears on the website show hump coverage, one piece units
where did you see its two pieces?

You are right - the current ("representative") website photo shows a single runner-style piece! I am almost certain that when I ordered, the website specifically noted that the rear was two pieces, which I found rather odd and was why I elected not to order for the rear. So, I'll wait until one of the above thread-posters gets their liners in to confirm that it's a full coverage one-piece and perhaps I'll order it as well! Thanks for pointing that out.

they are back ordered in Canada, I was told 2-3 weeks (I ordered on the 28th)

Mine have shipped and should be arriving on the 9th...ill post up as soon as I get them in unless someone beats me to it.

I received my floor liners today as well. Very pleased with the fit! Also impressed with the shipping, I ordered them this past Monday and they arrived today....pretty quick for standard shipping. I was goin to post a pic of the rear liner but BadApple beat me to it.

I received my floor liners today as well. Very pleased with the fit! Also impressed with the shipping, I ordered them this past Monday and they arrived today....pretty quick for standard shipping. I was goin to post a pic of the rear liner but BadApple beat me to it.

Shipping was very fast! I ordered mine on the 2nd and they arrived today on the 5th...outstanding company and product! I am very impressed! I will definitely be doing business with them again!

Last edited:
Hello,

Can someone tell me if the Dealer Floor Mats are the same cut as the weathertech?
Does anyone have pics of floor mats purchased from dealer? Are they a good fit as well?

Thanks,

Latest posts

Back