2017~2024 Water on Passenger A-Pillar when Snowing/Raining

Hey everyone, I have a leased 2018 Mazda CX5 GT that has had a whistling sound from the passenger side door at freeway speeds. I didn't really think much of it, until it snowed in Seattle a few weeks ago and the passenger side A-pillar became wet like shown in the picture. I took it to my dealership after the first time, they said that the sunroof drains were clogged and surprised me with a $96 bill in service fees. Unless the drains get clogged within a week, I'm not sure if they were the main problem. Water is back again on the passenger A-pillar thanks to a nice rain storm that hit this area.

Asking if any other sunroof-equipped CX5/Mazda owners have had this issue, and how to best resolve it without enormous service fees. Would it be reasonable to ask my dealership to examine the car without having to pay again, or am I expecting too much out of a dealership?

Thanks, and happy new year to you all :)

Attachments

• Passenger_Side_Leak.jpg
    Passenger_Side_Leak.jpg
    356.4 KB · Views: 411
Hey everyone, I have a leased 2018 Mazda CX5 GT that has had a whistling sound from the passenger side door at freeway speeds. I didn't really think much of it, until it snowed in Seattle a few weeks ago and the passenger side A-pillar became wet like shown in the picture. I took it to my dealership after the first time, they said that the sunroof drains were clogged and surprised me with a $96 bill in service fees. Unless the drains get clogged within a week, I'm not sure if they were the main problem. Water is back again on the passenger A-pillar thanks to a nice rain storm that hit this area.

Asking if any other sunroof-equipped CX5/Mazda owners have had this issue, and how to best resolve it without enormous service fees. Would it be reasonable to ask my dealership to examine the car without having to pay again, or am I expecting too much out of a dealership?

Thanks, and happy new year to you all :)

Upvote 0
Back