Water leaking into driver side floor

mohawkjoe

:
mazda cx5 touring
my 2014 cx5 gets water on the floor of the drivers side when it rains. I'm not seeing anything dripping anywhere. I took it to the dealer and they found nothing and will do nothing until I find where it's leaking. any one else have this issue?

Have you tried taking it to a car wash - the self-service kind where you spray the car - or just at home spraying the car with water to try to find the leak? If nothing else, if either of these do result in water on the floor, you can go to the dealer and ask them to do the same. If water ends up on the floor when they spray it, then it's their responsibility to find the leak once you prove to them that there is a leak.

Ask the dealer to check the door alignment. A buddy had the same issue on his Camaro vert. Water was getting in at A pillar and followed a path down the door, along the sill and his carpet was getting wet just behind the front seat.

On his initial visit to the dealer they couldnt replicate it and told him to wait until it rains again so he could tell them where the leak was. He found others with similar issues on his Camaro forum, printed them out and took them to the dealer and asked for them to check the door alignment. Sure enough, it was off, they fixed it and he hasnt had water since.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk

my 2014 cx5 gets water on the floor of the drivers side when it rains. I'm not seeing anything dripping anywhere. I took it to the dealer and they found nothing and will do nothing until I find where it's leaking. any one else have this issue?
Don't know if you have sunroof. Our VW Passat is notorious for the water leak on sunroof drains. It'll flood the cabin floor through the dislodged drain hoses under the A pillars whenever it rains.

i don't have a sunroof.

ok so i park on a hill with the car leaning towards the drivers side, always get water. as a test we backed the car into the spot with the car leaning to the passenger side and we got no water.

i will run a hose on just the drivers side and see if water fills up in the car. if i can find somewhere to get water in i will take it to the dealer and show them.

i don't have a sunroof.

ok so i park on a hill with the car leaning towards the drivers side, always get water. as a test we backed the car into the spot with the car leaning to the passenger side and we got no water.

i will run a hose on just the drivers side and see if water fills up in the car. if i can find somewhere to get water in i will take it to the dealer and show them.

not sure, but maybe worth a shot, check AC drain hose for clog ? I'm my past vehicle, if AC drain was clogged passenger side carpet got wet.....

just a thought.......

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123856340-Unclog-a-c-drain-and-remove-musty-smell-easily

if only happens after rain, then disregard, there's got to be a seal break somewhere by the engine vent cowl under the windshield wipers.

i don't have a sunroof.

I've seen the drains in the heater intake area (plenunm) get clogged. Any chance there are a bunch of leaves collected in that area, underhood at the base of the windshield?

I've seen the drains in the heater intake area (plenunm) get clogged. Any chance there are a bunch of leaves collected in that area, underhood at the base of the windshield?
That's another common water ingress source on my VW Passat! One more common place is from interior door panel seals. But OP's issue seems from driver door rubber seal due to misaligned door.

I’ve read somewhere that there are drain hoses that come from somewhere and end up coming out somewhere on or in the rocker panels. Can anyone confirm this? I wonder if there is a write up anywhere on clearing these of debris.

Back