Water in passenger footwell - where's the leak?

^ you could get lucky and reduce if not near eliminate the issue by cleaning out the front windshield cowl & opening up the drainage pass in each side. either way, s*** rot-boxes & an engineering failure by mazda.
i wound up replacing 70%+ of my floorpan in addition to rewelding the cowl floor & a crapton of sealer in every place imaginable. just hope your car isn't that bad

trunk could be the seams (more than likely if you've been in a rear end fender bender), trunk seals, or tail lights. my tail lights and trunk seal were letting in water. i removed the tail lights and added a rubber washer before putting the nuts back on and it fixed it for me. the trunk seal was my fault though. my trunk was replaced and not properly adjusted and wasn't closing tight enough.

Could be the door seals and then invisibly finding its way to the floor. You'd have to remove A-pillar and/or other trim pieces in order to see anything after a storm. Not even close to a Mazda's door design, however, that's where my problem was on the Wrangler. A-pillar-door-roof intersection. Same situation...dealer couldn't tell me where the infiltration point was. I (not the dealer) removed the A-pillar covers and waited for the next storm. The covers were channeling the water down an in behind the dash. Dripping out from behind the dash. Of course all over the electronics and wiring behind the dash. Without A-pillar covers installed, water just flooded in, hitting the top of the door panels, running down the doors, and on to the floor pans.

Back