Warning signs after battery replacement

No kidding. Battery itself is $300 (MSRP) + programming that is required to make sure it works... some sort of resetting procedure. Labor cost is expensive here in SF Bay Area.
Do you happen to know, or can you tell your OEM “Q85” battery is an AGM or normal flooded lead acid battery? Looks like for those Mazda’s with i-stop and i-Eloop, new battery info needs to be registered into car computer like the newer BMW’s.

So I guess if you don't have regen and start/stop tech then you should have a regular plug and play battery. Tech is getting out of hand.. new battery needs coding? What's next? Wiper blades?

So I guess if you don't have regen and start/stop tech then you should have a regular plug and play battery. Tech is getting out of hand.. new battery needs coding? What's next? Wiper blades?
AFAIK, you are correct.
It is called Q85 battery in the Owner's manual.
Not sure what sort of programming dealer does, but they say it is needed.

$500????? That’s absurd!!

Yes, I spent at least that much. My 3 does get great gas mileage but some of that savings goes into the battery replacement. My hope is that an aftermarket version of the battery becomes available before 2024 when inevitably I will need to replace this one.

No kidding. Battery itself is $300 (MSRP) + programming that is required to make sure it works... some sort of resetting procedure. Labor cost is expensive here in SF Bay Area.

is this this?

Do you happen to know, or can you tell your OEM “Q85” battery is an AGM or normal flooded lead acid battery? Looks like for those Mazda’s with i-stop and i-Eloop, new battery info needs to be registered into car computer like the newer BMW’s.

The european oem ones that are put into the new cars are Yuasa gs q-85 and Panasonic q-85 for the istop. active iss efb type.
Both appear to be flooded.

is this this?

In the US we‘ve never received i-stop system, but some Mazda models do have i-ELoop. So this special Q-85 battery which requires some sort of registration and programming by Mazda’s computer should have nothing to do with i-stop reset.

I disconnected my battery when I messed with my antenna. I lost automatic windows which was easy to get back, my list my radio stations, the cumulative MPG and the trip odometers. I didn't notice any transmission changes. I have the trim level with the least bells and whistles.

Back