Want to buy a 2017 or 2018 CX-9...Questions

:
2010 CX-9
My wife drives and loves our 2010 CX-9 GT-AWD with 92K but we are thinking of moving on to a newer pre-owned one to buy. Based on CR reviews and budget I am thinking a 17 or 18 will work for us. What we mostly want is decent reliability because we plan to keep it for a while. While I read this board frequently, I have not kept up with the different trim levels and reliability of the 17 and 18 model years. She doesn't want or need a top trim level although I wouldn't mind having one. She just wants to stick with the CX-9. Any thoughts on what year is better, if any, and what to look out for from those who have one of those years? Thanks.

18 is better for the recalibrated i-activesense ( less prone to false alarms) and for the improved 2nd row sliding mechanism ( help with access to 3rd row.

The rest of the difference between 17 and 18 are accessories which may or may not be important to you. ( heated seat in second row, heated steering wheel, etc).

If it matters, I think the 2018 model year also added front parking sensors for the Touring trim and up.

Back