2017~2024 Walk away locking Suddenly Stopped Working

:
2019 CX-5
Doors lock normally and mirrors fold when using the FOB. The rear gate button on the instrument panel will not open the rear hatch. The FOB opens the hatch and closes it. The FOB will lock the car and fold the mirrors. Have I pushed the wrong button somewhere and changed some settings? I have a 2019 GT with the extra package.

• The setting can be changed so that the doors and the liftgate are locked automatically without pressing the request switch.
    Refer to Personalization Features (Search).
    (Walk-away auto lock function)
    A beep sound is heard when all doors and the liftgate are closed while the advanced key is being carried. All doors and the liftgate are locked automatically after about three seconds when the advanced key is out of the operational range. Also, the hazard warning lights flash once. (Even if the driver is in the operational range, all doors and the liftgate are locked automatically after about 30 seconds.) If you are out of the operational range before the doors and the liftgate are completely closed or another key is left in the vehicle, the walk-away auto lock function will not work. Always make sure that all doors and the liftgate are closed and locked before leaving the vehicle. The walk-away auto lock function does not close the power windows.

Upvote 1
Doors lock normally and mirrors fold when using the FOB. The rear gate button on the instrument panel will not open the rear hatch. The FOB opens the hatch and closes it. The FOB will lock the car and fold the mirrors. Have I pushed the wrong button somewhere and changed some settings? I have a 2019 GT with the extra package.
I have a 2017 GT, and it quit working, too. I've done a factory reset on all settings, turned this feature on and off several times, changed the battery in the fob, stayed close to the vehicle. Still the issue persists. From what I have read, this is a common flaw, and to be honest, potentially a safety issue/lawsuit, if someone unwanted were to be in the car.

Upvote 0
The rear hatch will only open from the dash button if all doors are locked.
Took me awhile to figure that out, must be some safety reg.

Upvote 0
The rear hatch will only open from the dash button if all doors are locked.
Took me awhile to figure that out, must be some safety reg.
Dash hatch button seems not to function for me if the engine is running.
That, at least, makes a bit more sense safety-wise than needing all the other doors to be locked to open the fifth.

Upvote 0
Back