Vibration

Trying to buy a new 20 cx-5 Of the 5 ive driven 2 or 3 have a slight vibration in the seat and steering wheel at 65mph. Ive seen a few older posts suggesting this. Have we found a solution. The dealers dont agree with me saying Mazdas dont vibrate. im guessing if i took the salemens for a ride he would say its normal.

Trying to buy a new 20 cx-5 Of the 5 ive driven 2 or 3 have a slight vibration in the seat and steering wheel at 65mph. Ive seen a few older posts suggesting this. Have we found a solution. The dealers dont agree with me saying Mazdas dont vibrate. im guessing if i took the salemens for a ride he would say its normal.
Yes there’re plenty of vibration complaints at ~65 mph on 2019 / 2020 CX-5. Some have pinpointed the factory Toyo tire issue but others can never resolve the issue. IMO if you care this issue, make sure to test drive several CX-5’s you like, and pick one you don’t feel the vibration.

Do they have 19" wheels/tires? Sadly, the salesman is truthful. It does seem to be "normal" for the 19" toyo's to have slight vibrations at highway speeds for about the 1st 10 miles until they get warmed up. Then it goes away.

In my case, my dealer balanced all my tires again and it did improve some but is still there for the 1st 10 miles of a drive. Personally, I can live with it till I replace them. Wish it wasn't so, but is what it is.

If you otherwise love the car but the vibes are a deal breaker, make your best negotiation with a set of continental tires included .

I was one of the original posters for this issue on my 19 CX5 Signature. I had the factory Toyo tires balanced, dismounted and remounted to balance better, tried continental tires, then Michelin. So far Michelin has been the best at vibration reduction. The Discount Tire shop I used for all of this were very helpful. It comes down to how sensitive the suspension is and the manufacturing of the tire. Michelin joins the rubber a different way than other manufacturers which reduces out of round or unusual weight distributions. Good luck and sorry you have to deal with it. On and btw don’t expect Mazda to really assist other than tire balancing... I paid out of pocket for the new tires.

Thanks. I believe if i cant find one that doesnt vibrate. I will pass on the purchase. Drove a different one and no vibration. go figure

The dealer put Michelins on my 2019 gtr to remove the vibrations. I drove 3 other cx5s with the same issue that day. My 16.5 also had an issue until I had Michelin’s installed at 40k.

Recently traded the 16.5 GT for a 20 GT. I was shocked to find the 20 had no vibration issues. I took it on the highway to be sure before signing. I figure maybe toyo finally figured something out.

I will note that after sitting over night when cold there is a slight vibration but it goes away after a few miles. This was not the case with all other toyos I’ve had.

I’ve test driven more than 5 new cx-5. They just vibrate a little on the freeway. maybe All suv have a little wind turbulence

The mechanic at the tire shop I frequent told me that Michelin tires are more weight-balanced out of factory. They are much easier to balance at the shop. Other tires? It depends on your luck.

Vibration from initial driving could be from flat spotting while sitting still for a few days.
Once the tires warm up, it gets better. Some flat spotting could be permanent. i.e. low PSI but sitting for a long time... that is why vehicles have tires with >40PSI from factory.

Back