Vibrating when parked

Nick027

:
mazda cx 5 gs 2017
I realized when example at a red light when in Drive that the engine will vibrate lightly.
I have a cx5 2017 GS with under 5 k ,i did it bring to Mazda and the technician took the time to analyze the issue and mentioned it is a common issue and is related to the engine mount but there is nothing to be concerned about .
Has anyone else have the same issue?

I think this sounds normal as well. Most non luxury cars will have some vibration felt at idle especially on an I4 which isn’t completely balanced by design and doesn’t have power stroke overlap. You’re smoothest engine inherently is an I6 but there aren’t too many of those being produced. Luxury cars minimize the engine vibration you feel mainly with fancy and/or soft motor mounts. But soft motor mounts will introduce unwanted engine movements. I think Mazda stuck a good balance personally.

I think this sounds normal as well. Most non luxury cars will have some vibration felt at idle especially on an I4 which isnt completely balanced by design and doesnt have power stroke overlap. Youre smoothest engine inherently is a ROTARY but there arent ANY of those being produced. Luxury cars minimize the engine vibration you feel mainly with fancy and/or soft motor mounts. But soft motor mounts will introduce unwanted engine movements. I think Mazda stuck a good balance personally.

fix'd. (boobs)

Yeah, the rule of thumb is if there's a turbo or supercharger under your hood, you're buying the expensive stuff. That will help alleviate pinging/detonation though, not vibration at idle.

Bring it to a different dealership. That guy's 0 for 2. It's not normal and it's not the gas you use.

Yeah, the rule of thumb is if there's a turbo or supercharger under your hood, you're buying the expensive stuff. That will help alleviate pinging/detonation though, not vibration at idle.

Bring it to a different dealership. That guy's 0 for 2. It's not normal and it's not the gas you use.
There is no turbo ,just a regular engine.

And the rotary was smoother than any boinger ever was or will be.

Simple physics. One has dozens of parts that start and stop 7k times a minute and the other spins and has a total of 3 moving parts.

And the rotary was smoother than any boinger ever was or will be.

Simple physics. One has dozens of parts that start and stop 7k times a minute and the other spins and has a total of 3 moving parts.
The key is "cutrently in production" as jthj originally mentioned.

There's no doubt rotary engine is the most balanced engine ever been produced. But it's inherent emission、oil burning、fuel economy、and reliability issues make it no longer in production.

The new shoe-box sized Wankel engine will only be generating electricity for a production battery-powered vehicle as a range extender. Since it's so small all the inherent problems from good old rotary engine have become negligent. But its advantages of compact dimensions, high power output, and low vibrations now become more useful virtues as a generator in an EV.

Different sized rotary for different purpose.

Actually the 180 degree 6 of Porsche or the 180 Degree 12 of Ferrari is the best balanced engines followed by the I6. Ed

Most of the time when the engine is fully warmed up, I can't tell whether my CX5 engine is running or not and other times I can barely feel it running.

I'll say one thing for Mazda: they've got some of the best thinkers in the industry.
Mazda engineers are allowed to be this way because they're small. In fact, neither rotary engine nor homogeneous charge compression ignition (HCCI) engine, where Mazda's new SkyActiv-X engine is based on, was invented by Mazda engineers. Their major contributions have been making something good on paper becoming a reality, where most others had tried and given up!

Back