Vibrating when parked

:
mazda cx 5 gs 2017
I realized when example at a red light when in Drive that the engine will vibrate lightly.
I have a cx5 2017 GS with under 5 k ,i did it bring to Mazda and the technician took the time to analyze the issue and mentioned it is a common issue and is related to the engine mount but there is nothing to be concerned about .
Has anyone else have the same issue?

:
2017 CX-5
I think this sounds normal as well. Most non luxury cars will have some vibration felt at idle especially on an I4 which isn’t completely balanced by design and doesn’t have power stroke overlap. You’re smoothest engine inherently is an I6 but there aren’t too many of those being produced. Luxury cars minimize the engine vibration you feel mainly with fancy and/or soft motor mounts. But soft motor mounts will introduce unwanted engine movements. I think Mazda stuck a good balance personally.

Natey

Contributor
Patron
I think this sounds normal as well. Most non luxury cars will have some vibration felt at idle especially on an I4 which isnt completely balanced by design and doesnt have power stroke overlap. Youre smoothest engine inherently is a ROTARY but there arent ANY of those being produced. Luxury cars minimize the engine vibration you feel mainly with fancy and/or soft motor mounts. But soft motor mounts will introduce unwanted engine movements. I think Mazda stuck a good balance personally.

fix'd. (boobs)

Natey

Contributor
Patron
Yeah, the rule of thumb is if there's a turbo or supercharger under your hood, you're buying the expensive stuff. That will help alleviate pinging/detonation though, not vibration at idle.

Bring it to a different dealership. That guy's 0 for 2. It's not normal and it's not the gas you use.

:
mazda cx 5 gs 2017
Yeah, the rule of thumb is if there's a turbo or supercharger under your hood, you're buying the expensive stuff. That will help alleviate pinging/detonation though, not vibration at idle.

Bring it to a different dealership. That guy's 0 for 2. It's not normal and it's not the gas you use.
There is no turbo ,just a regular engine.

Natey

Contributor
Patron
And the rotary was smoother than any boinger ever was or will be.

Simple physics. One has dozens of parts that start and stop 7k times a minute and the other spins and has a total of 3 moving parts.

yrwei52

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech Pkg
Contributor
:
Plano, Texas, USA
And the rotary was smoother than any boinger ever was or will be.

Simple physics. One has dozens of parts that start and stop 7k times a minute and the other spins and has a total of 3 moving parts.
The key is "cutrently in production" as jthj originally mentioned.

There's no doubt rotary engine is the most balanced engine ever been produced. But it's inherent emission、oil burning、fuel economy、and reliability issues make it no longer in production.