Vibrating noise only when in drive and completely stopped with brake

:
None
Have a 2018 with 21k miles and noticed within the last few thousand miles that when Im at a complete stop with brakes depressed, there is a vibration. Can even feel it in the brake pedal and makes a low rattling noise. If I put the car in park and let it idle, I dont hear or feel it. Seems like something with brakes and when idle. Any ideas? About to get it serviced soon but was wondering if others have experienced this.

Yeah I thought about that too. That*d be pretty bad since it*s barely over a year. Hopefully they have some answers when I take it in soon.

I doubt very much that the engine mountings are loose but it is a known (I*m going to call it a phenomenon) that hydraulic engine mountings become virtually inflexible when very cold.

Attachments

• CD Engine Mounts.pdf
    333.2 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
Hmmm well I*m in Phoenix and lows are only in the 40s so it isn*t that cold. If that*s the case since there is fluid in them, that*s somewhat of a poor design

Have a 2018 with 21k miles and noticed within the last few thousand miles that when Im at a complete stop with brakes depressed, there is a vibration. Can even feel it in the brake pedal and makes a low rattling noise. If I put the car in park and let it idle, I dont hear or feel it. Seems like something with brakes and when idle. Any ideas? About to get it serviced soon but was wondering if others have experienced this.
@Capthat I see your post is a year old. Did you find a solution?

Just developed the same problem in a 2019 CX-5 with 35,000 miles. The noise seems to louder in drive than in reverse at a stop with brake pedal depressed. Engine RPM drops to about 625 RPM from 750 and the rattle starts if the brake pedal is depressed while stopped in drive or reverse.

Back