Vehicle selection

erhayes

Contributor
:
2022CX5 PP
I have checked with the three largest MAZDA dealers within ~ 100 miles and the selection of CX5 turbo versions is poor. One dealer had only one GTR and the other had three with all the same color. The third dealer had no offerings. I much prefer a dealership with a wide selection of color and options. The last time I wanted to buy a CX5 they offered to have one driven in from 100+ miles away and wouldn't even have it trucked in. My second choise and not a good one is the ACURA RDX. 30+ vehicles on the lot and a nice mix of colors and options. I wish MAZDA would do this. End of disappointing rant. Ed

buy the Acura RDX for all the same reasons and more this person did.

Sorry to hear. It seems like stocking levels are going back to normal in some areas, while others are still recovering or are waiting for new 2021s to arrive.

Not sure where you're located, but there seems to be quite a few in the Chicago area.

As far as the RDX goes, you should give it a chance. We did and it came in a close 2nd.

I don't understand what options you want to be able to select from on the turbo models. Other than color, there are no other options on either the Reserve or Signature CX5s

My insurance agent was remarking her choice came down to Volvo or CX5 Signature. She ended up with the Volvo, so at least Mazda is getting cross shopping from upmarket brands, sort of like they planned when they decided to go up market

Last edited:
I was impatient last month and wanted a 2021 GT-R in eternal blue mica. I live about 10 miles north of Boston, and doing a wide-area search (250 miles), there were over 1,000 2021 CX-5, less than 100 were GT-R's and only three were eternal blue mica. One right near me, one about 50 miles away (ironically the dealership where I bought my RX-7 in 1984) and one in NYC. I bought the car near me and love it.

I was impatient last month and wanted a 2021 GT-R in eternal blue mica. I live about 10 miles north of Boston, and doing a wide-area search (250 miles), there were over 1,000 2021 CX-5, less than 100 were GT-R's and only three were eternal blue mica. One right near me, one about 50 miles away (ironically the dealership where I bought my RX-7 in 1984) and one in NYC. I bought the car near me and love it.
I guess it just depends. In November I wanted to get a 21 Signature in White. In the Washington DC area I was able to find 6 in inventory in about 15 + dealers in the area so I could solicit prices on "real" cars..at least they all had VINs.

But in 2013 when we wanted to get a 2014 CX5 2.5L in Sonic Silver, we had to put down a deposit and wait a couple of weeks.

Latest posts

Back