Upgraded turbo?

I just found out my Turbo is bad.... what’s a good turbo to upgrade to? I don’t want a stock replacement turbo... also what is the stock size turbo in a 2007 Mazdaspeed 3?? I was looking at ko4’s those any good?? Need help ASAP. Thanks

Dre

This exact post was also posted in the Mazda3 forum. What car are you driving??

If you are driving the cx9, the stock turbo is pretty damn good. 17.4 psi and its small. The MS3 turbo stock is only at 15.6psi and I think physically it is a tad larger than the cx9s. If you want to upgrade anything, replace the turbo with a stock one and upgrade the piping, intercooler and toss on an exhaust. You'll end up paying the same for all of that then for trying to rig up a new aftermarket turbo and making it work better than the stock one. Until someone makes a solid piggyback tune for the car, supporting mods should be priority, not a different, new turbo.

It's also not gonna be a simple drop in turbo upgrade, the turbo is purpose built for the engine, and has several sensors attached to it.

Simply put it's not a standard snail, it will be unfeasible to swap. Get a new PN turbo, and new upgraded turbo manifold. Port and polish might help you out.

If you are driving the cx9, the stock turbo is pretty damn good. 17.4 psi and its small. The MS3 turbo stock is only at 15.6psi and I think physically it is a tad larger than the cx9s. If you want to upgrade anything, replace the turbo with a stock one and upgrade the piping, intercooler and toss on an exhaust. You'll end up paying the same for all of that then for trying to rig up a new aftermarket turbo and making it work better than the stock one. Until someone makes a solid piggyback tune for the car, supporting mods should be priority, not a different, new turbo.
Cool thanks 🙏👊🏽 I appreciate the help. I’ll probably end up going with that

Back