Tune-up or cleaning fuel injection systems for 2014 CX-5

agaurav

:
2014 Mazda CX-5 Fwd Touring
Hi all,

I have a 2014 CX-5 Touring front wheel drive with 52K miles. I am wondering if I need to clean the fuel injector systems or anything else? I have only done regular oil change, engine air filter change, cabin air filter change, wiper blades and new tires since I bought the car. No other maintenance so far.

Do I need to do anything? I have now had the car for 4 years an 9 months. What should I do if anything to keep car running in good condition and give gas mileage and performance. Not looking to spend money if I don't have to :)

Thanks for advice and tips.

Thanks for your reply on the other forum.

But aren't mazdas247.com and mazdaforum.com two separate forums? Does posting same question on two separate forums also cost as double post? I presume they both have different set of users? Otherwise why are two separate forums even maintained?

Putting a bottle of Wynns fuel injector cleaner through it won’t harm at all in answer to your question.

Thanks for your reply on the other forum.

But aren't mazdas247.com and mazdaforum.com two separate forums? Does posting same question on two separate forums also cost as double post? I presume they both have different set of users? Otherwise why are two separate forums even maintained?

Yes they are different forums.. your all good man mini modding

If you use good gas (Exxon, Shell, etc) NO. If you use cheap gas then some fuel injector cleaner will probably help. It's a little too early to replace the plugs. That's about all that's required for a tune-up.

Hi all,

I have a 2014 CX-5 Touring front wheel drive with 52K miles. I am wondering if I need to clean the fuel injector systems or anything else? I have only done regular oil change, engine air filter change, cabin air filter change, wiper blades and new tires since I bought the car. No other maintenance so far.

Do I need to do anything? I have now had the car for 4 years an 9 months. What should I do if anything to keep car running in good condition and give gas mileage and performance. Not looking to spend money if I don't have to :)

Thanks for advice and tips.

Break pad wear?

If you use good gas (Exxon, Shell, etc) NO. If you use cheap gas then some fuel injector cleaner will probably help. It's a little too early to replace the plugs. That's about all that's required for a tune-up.

correct.

fuel injector cleaner is not necessary. bring the engine up to redline (full throttle) in one smooth, linear pull (in second or third gear, when you merge onto the highway for example)

if you do not rev the engine hard occasionally, you will notice a very smelly exhaust after the first redline.

Back