Troubles with HC-2 i-Datalink module

Hey guys,

I'm new to this forum so sorry if i break any kind of posting convention.

I'm looking to get some info with regards to an HC-2 module i bought after market from someone who took it off his CX-5 before selling it. It was previously installed on the exact same make/model as mine, that is, a 2018 CX-5 GT. I bought the module with the two remotes and antenna, with the appropriate t harness.

My understanding going into this, was that i would essentially just have to plug the module into the appropriate plugs under the steering column so that it could get the vehicle informationn it needed. I would then bring it to a local shop to get flashed for a couple of $$, and then finish the programming procedure.

So this afternoon, i get the steering column cover off and manage to get the t harness set up. I start the programming procedure, and after the very first step of turning on the ignition, no red light, no green light. Just nothing.

I'm obviously stuck, and other than bringing it in to get professionally installed, at a loss of what i might have missed or forgotten.

Does anyone have any idea of why the module might not be responding at all? It apparently worked properly before being uninstalled, and the guy showed me the receipt of the shop he brought it to to get it professionally removed.

Any help whatsoever would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers.

What is the model # of the unit you bought? Is it one of these: https://www.idatalink.com/product/?productCategoryId=0

I would first figure out which model # you have, then search for it on Google to make sure that you received everything that a brand new unit would have come with. If it does, I'd do a YouTube search for the model number to see if anyone has posted DIY installation instructions, and if they have, I'd follow those instructions. Following that, if it's still not working, I would explore the possibility that the seller either lied to you and sold you a broken module, or the module was somehow damaged during transit. Last resort would be to have it professionally tested and installed. Good luck!

Yeah, so looking at the unit, it says i have an HC(192) 1.00 manufactured in late 2015. With the only other identifying number being 454359D37, but a quick google search brought up nothing.

YouTube is generally a great resource but i just seem to be getting shops advertising their work style video's.

If i follow this installation guide.

https://images.idatalink.com/vehicle-install-guides/Guides/498/341/25128/EN/RSA-MA3-[CMHCXA0]-(Mazda_CX-5_2018_25128)-EN_20191004_093430.pdf

I have connections for ports M4 and M5 through the T-Harness, but M1, M2 and M3 are all empty. Is this normal?

I also don't have the hood switch if that changes anything.

I'm just wondering if i got all of the connectors i needed to do this, or whether the guy who sold it to me might have forgotten something.

Back