Troubles with both Mazda Connect and Android Auto

For the past few months I've been having problems keeping my phone connected to both Mazda Connect and Android Auto. The Mazda Connect problem is less of an issue, since the phone connects via bluetooth, but when I also connect the phone to a USB cable, I notice that every few minutes or so I will have to remind the phone that I want it to connect to the car; it pops up that little window asking me if I want to connect, and even though I click yes, it asks me the same thing again a few minutes later, ad infinitum. The Android Auto issue is even worse -- that connection will just drop entirely, for no reason at all, which can be a real problem if I'm using Google Maps (as I usually am). Sometimes unplugging the USB cable and plugging it back in is enough to reconnect, but sometimes I have to reset the entire Mazda Connect console. Is anyone else having these problems? What can I do?

My 2021 does not have this issue, what year/trim is yours? I use ApplyPlay with Google maps all the time, I’ve never seen the issue you report. Sorry I can’t help.

Upvote 0
For the past few months I've been having problems keeping my phone connected to both Mazda Connect and Android Auto. The Mazda Connect problem is less of an issue, since the phone connects via bluetooth, but when I also connect the phone to a USB cable, I notice that every few minutes or so I will have to remind the phone that I want it to connect to the car; it pops up that little window asking me if I want to connect, and even though I click yes, it asks me the same thing again a few minutes later, ad infinitum. The Android Auto issue is even worse -- that connection will just drop entirely, for no reason at all, which can be a real problem if I'm using Google Maps (as I usually am). Sometimes unplugging the USB cable and plugging it back in is enough to reconnect, but sometimes I have to reset the entire Mazda Connect console. Is anyone else having these problems? What can I do?
Happens to me too. The easiest thing for me is to go to the bluetooth menu, disconnect/forget my phone then re pair. Shouldn't have to do it, but it seems to fix it for a while.

Upvote 0
Back