Touch screen not working on 2020 CX-5

Even when in park it won't work. Is there some setting for this?
Also, while checking settings, I disabled Android Auto (unchecked it under Device). How can I reenable it? I've plugged the phone in to the correct USB port but the setting remains grayed out

Update: I was trying the touch screen in Android Auto, not the Mazda interface which I now understand doesn't work ever (how annoying). Still can't get AA to work again though

Last edited:
You need to download the app on your phone, pair the phone and then it will work.

It is downloaded on the phone. It was working fine and then I disabled Android Auto under settings when trying to troubleshoot touch screen and now I can't get it back. I can manually launch the AA app but it's not recognized by the car. I've tried unpairing and repairing the phone under Bluetooth and cleared the AA app data but no help

I haven't tried another device yet to see if I completely turned it off for the car or just this device

Figured it out, when you disable Android Auto in the device menu of the car, it changes the phone's USB setting to "charge only", just had to switch it to "data transfer/Android auto" and its working again. Thanks for the suggestion.

Back