Top Speed?

The practical top speed of the CX 5 is about 110 MPH. If it takes several minutes and many miles to hit 120 or 130 MPH you really shouldn't bother.

I do find that under practical driving conditions that the turbo version can go from 65 to 90 quite quickly and easily and that's about all you would ever need for passing manoeuvers on the freeway.

On the other hand, my Jaguar F Type with a supercharged 575 HP V8 will go from 60 to 110 in a matter of just a few seconds without even thinking about it if I stomp on the gas to get around a slowpoke. So it does take some attention and discipline not to exceed safe speeds for a particular set of conditions.

Maybe across the desert sands in Saudi Arabia:LOL:

Back in late 70's I was driving Mazda 929 (company car) in the expressways of Saudi Arabia, usually 100 to 120mph. No speed limit there, no cops, your car is the speed limit. Most drive pedal to the metal. Those highways are built so well, no road noise, you'd fall asleep driving below 100mph.

DwightFrye you dog you! why are you even driving Mazdas?!

StPark sounds not too unlike driving on Wyoming Interstate 80 or some other western roads difference being there ARE Highway Patrol who spoil the fun. I'm impressed though. Your 929 sounds like a goin' Jenny.

Last edited:
Back