TomTom locked up

:
CX-5 + Nissan Versa Hatchback
It not completely locked up, I still can operate the controls but it does not know where I at, that's the part that is locked up. I have restarted the car a couple times now and still the same. Anyone else have had this happen?

Try updating it. Satellite positions are updated at the same time, although if you can't get any for along time it may not help.

This has happened to me a couple of times, ironically shortly after updating through My TomTom. I normally just press the center button at the bottom of the screen (where it displays the GPS locating message) and it is able to find my location then.

I've noticed this only happens to me when I put in my location/address when I am in the parking garage (and therefore don't have a GPS signal) and then drive out into the open. If I wait until I leave the garage and then enter my address, I don't have an issue with GPS fixation.

What do you mean it's "locked up"? It can't locate your position?
I set a route the other day, it located my position about a mile from where I actually was, which was strange in itself. When I press the GPS locating button, it still believes I at that original location plus it thinks I'm going 0 mpg. I can change everything else.

You don't even need to update. Just pull the card out (with vehicle off) and put it back in and start the vehicle back up. This will reset the nav. I've had the same thing happen in my CX-9.

Still would be good to update though if one is available.

You don't even need to update. Just pull the card out (with vehicle off) and put it back in and start the vehicle back up. This will reset the nav. I've had the same thing happen in my CX-9.

Still would be good to update though if one is available.

Thanks I will try that. I did the first update, do we get free unlimited update?

Map updates are only limited to one complete update. The GPS fix should be updated at least every other week to benefit location tracking.

Yes, you do need to update if your location is often not accurate or cannot be detected at all. Resetting the nav by removing and replacing the SD card will only fix it for the interim (if it even fixes location tracking). Been there done that.

Resetting the nav by removing and replacing the SD card will only fix it for the interim (if it even fixes location tracking). Been there done that.

Thanks guys, removing and replacing did get it out of the gps location lock up. So at least I know how to reset it if it happen again.

Latest posts

Back