Thoughts about wheel upgrades

The wheel are a secret :) but i do want to go 10' wide with a 175 tire and lowered on hr springs.
I could wait to see if someone else will be going that wide or i can always be the 1st.
I plan on lowering it soon. Paint the stockers till income tax time then get my wheels. :)

I found something for you Akira Cx5 from Europe 22 x 10 OZ Sardegna wheels
Tire size 265-35-22 Offset +40

34568097.jpg

56645870.jpg

Hope that makes your decision a little easier.

Nice find!!!!
That helps me out alot. Now i know what will fit.
Thankyou.

Wow, looks good (even if I don't like the wheel design), I assume that's on stock suspension.

I will have to eat crow after seeing the white CX-5 posted with the 22" black wheels... that thing looks downright awesome. I would consider going against my better judgement for that car :) Though realistically I'd settle for 20s with a similar look. The blue one not so much, just don't like the rims but it looks like they fit pretty well.

Agreed, for my CX-5, 20's would be max due to concerns over ride and handling.

But the 22's win on style!

Flatlander937 didn't think I would hear this from you, Nice to see that looks may blur common sense some times.

Like I said before your points are all valid, but now you kinda see where I was coming from.

22's on the CX5 look awesome!!!

Yeah... I know all too well about making a bad decision that goes against good judgement and common sense just because you WANT it:

166998_634871585600_50900956_35570500_5147717_n.jpg

DSCF2183.jpg

... It was a great daily driver before I learned how to weld and went to town(braindead

(whistle)

Each wheel weighs 50lbs, and each tire weighs 100lbs even, and since they're solid axles... the front weighs about 600lbs and rear is around 450lbs... I have THAT much unsprung weight and it can drive pretty well for what it is. Those are 40" tires with 17" beadlocks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8CcJmCp-1o&list=UUdHhUnQoZ4TcdhKCo7zwejw&index=2&feature=plcp

So yes... if you can tolerate the wear/tear/ride quality and don't mind the new handling quirks then there is nothing stopping you from doing what you want.

Last edited:
22s on a CX-5 definitely looks awesome. But, I am looking for any type of lowering spring that is available on the market.
any reference anyone? I think it would look perfect if I lower mine.

22s on a CX-5 definitely looks awesome. But, I am looking for any type of lowering spring that is available on the market.
any reference anyone? I think it would look perfect if I lower mine.

At the moment the only springs available are the HR Springs.

Newbie from NZ here.

I have a Metro Grey 2.2 Diesel Limited on order but it isn't arriving for a couple of months. :-(
Here is s pic (hopefully) of 22" DTM Convex rims with 265 x 35 rubber.

There are more images here

http://toptown.co.nz/wheels/view/wheel/DTM/CON/24/FRONT/con/

Definitely 22's looks really nice!

I went to check the link you provided, the black Cx5 is actually lowered!!!

Now that looks amazing, if you compare it to the white one you will see the stance is much more aggressive

Last edited:
I found something for you Akira Cx5 from Europe 22 x 10 OZ Sardegna wheels
Tire size 265-35-22 Offset +40

Before you decide to buy these wheels, or wheels with similar sizes please read my translation.
The pictures are from the german Mazda site mazda6-forum.info

Die Felgen auf dem Fotos knnen auch nicht auf dem CX-5 gefahren werden,
sie sind zu gro und knnen nicht in den Radkasten einfedern.
Das sind Felgen die auf den CX-7 passen.
Die sind nur zu Showzwecke drauf gemacht worden.

Quote: The wheels in these pictures can not be driven on this CX-5.
They are to big and will not fit in the wheelarches, when pressing in the shock absorbers.
These wheels are fitted for a Mazda CX7.
The wheels where only bolt on for show use during introduction at the dealer in germany.

Check before buying this wheel.

Gr. Karl

Last edited:
I am thinking about fitting 22x9 265/40/22 on my cx-5. I could use some thoughts and expertise, do you think this spec will have any problems with rubbing?

I am thinking about fitting 22x9 265/40/22 on my cx-5. I could use some thoughts and expertise, do you think this spec will have any problems with rubbing?

Someone here is running 285's on 22's and has reported he has no running issues.

You should have no problems.

Im looking to run the same tire size as you, except the rims I found are 8.5's

Yes! I actually also read the forum where Sthio was running 22x9.5 285/35/22 and wasn't having any issues with rubbing except when he turned his wheel to max. He recommended 265/35/22 would be perfect but I really would like to see the extra side wall with 265/40/22...

Back