Thoughts about wheel upgrades

Here are some pictures of different angles.

sorry for the bad shots, I am no professional photographer.

Let me know what you guys think.

Attachments

• IMG_0640.JPG
    IMG_0640.JPG
    220.4 KB · Views: 4,527
  • IMG_0639.JPG
    IMG_0639.JPG
    267.4 KB · Views: 9,242
  • IMG_0641.JPG
    IMG_0641.JPG
    240 KB · Views: 1,256
  • IMG_0634.JPG
    IMG_0634.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 594
  • IMG_0638.JPG
    IMG_0638.JPG
    330.6 KB · Views: 613
Last edited:
I think it looks great! Would love to see more shots of the rims from different angle. Any rubbing issues in front or back? If this were me to keep the 22" rims I would try to squeeze more rubber than lower it unless you have some nice smooth roads and this is primarily a show/town car. It would look pretty sick lowered if it fit.
Similar size overall to what you have for 20" rims would be 255/50r20 with 1mm less width being the most significant difference. MA
I like it!!!

I am currently trying to find a way to lower it. The H&R spring for the CX-5 currently only supports the AWD not the FWD.
I dont think you could squeeze in more rubber because it would look really weird as the overall diameter would get really big and would not be proportional to the body.
I do not have any rubbing issue right now at all, but it might be different if I lower it. I hope it will not though.

22's look amazing defenetly wanna see more pics, I didnt think that wide a rim and tire would fit... This opens a bunch more possibilitys, as well this makes me beleive I will be able to fit the fx50 rims I was looking at,

They are 21" x 9.5, I would probably go with a 265 tires.

Please more pics of other angles.

265 tires probably gonna fit better than 285. My reason for going with the 285 is because I was after the bigger&wider tire look.

Here are some pictures of different angles.

sorry for the bad shots, I am no professional photographer.

Let me know what you guys think.

Wow looking good!!! The tires are really flush... nice !

What brand rims are those?

As well how those it drive? Do you fell like you have lost lots of power?

Did gas mileage get affected a lot?

Again car looks great
Bravo.

One more request can u take a pic of the back but a little further, just wanna see the width of the tires

Thanks

Wow looking good!!! The tires are really flush... nice !

What brand rims are those?

As well how those it drive? Do you fell like you have lost lots of power?

Did gas mileage get affected a lot?

Again car looks great
Bravo.

One more request can u take a pic of the back but a little further, just wanna see the width of the tires

Thanks

These are Project Kahn Cosworth.

it drives really great and i could barely notice any difference and I too, don't feel any lost of power. If I do anyway, I am sure it will not be that much that you could actually feel it.

My only suggestion is that if you are going for my setup, use 265 profile tires rather than the 285 because when I turned my steering wheel till it's maxed out, I could hear the tires brushing the plastic part. But if I turned 9.9/10 of the steering wheel, it is just fine. Only when I turned 10/10 then I could hear the brushing.
I am sure with 265 profile tires would eliminate all that totally.

As far for the rear setup, everything works flawlessly.

I'll get more pics tomorrow. It is way too dark for a pic right now

I wonder could you fit a 10" wide wheel. The wheel i want is10 width.

I wonder could you fit a 10" wide wheel. The wheel i want is10 width.

What wheels are u looking to get?

I think .5 inches with a narrower tire could work? But that's just me ,could be wrong!

That almost means a staggered setup could work

I love his interior, showed a pic to the wife and she almost got pissed asking why are dealer did not have that option lol...

What wheels are u looking to get?

I think .5 inches with a narrower tire could work? But that's just me ,could be wrong!

That almost means a staggered setup could work

I love his interior, showed a pic to the wife and she almost got pissed asking why are dealer did not have that option lol...

The wheel are a secret :) but i do want to go 10' wide with a 175 tire and lowered on hr springs.
I could wait to see if someone else will be going that wide or i can always be the 1st.
I plan on lowering it soon. Paint the stockers till income tax time then get my wheels. :)

Ya i hear you, I was really stuck on getting 22's but didnt want to be the first judt in case...

Now that it's been done I can shop with confidence :)

Ir's rl dark so I gots to wait until tomorrow or tha pics won't rly look good. TwentyFoh by 9.5. Rubs wheneva I do errthang but playa gon play.

Looks cool but goofy LOL. I love the look of 20's on the CX5, but anything bigger is only for gangstas... and I think that's not me LOL.

I almost pulled the trigger on a set of 20's, but couldn't do it. Pretty sure I'll do 18's because I bought it because of the mpg and I plan to USE it like a mule, not just cruise around town. :) Running 150-200 miles a day, it's hard to justify hurting the ride and mpg that much.

BTW, I took off a tire and weighed it just to know what we are working with... 17" tire/rim was 47 lbs. Most of the 20's I've looked at will run 60 lbs... give or take a couple. Some combos are 65+. Umm... I don't think adding 20 pounds per corner is a good idea. I found a set of 18's that will check in at 44 lbs... that's what I would like to see on mine. That should improved handling, ride, and mpg, vs the stock treads.... and would be light years better than 20-22s

Ir's rl dark so I gots to wait until tomorrow or tha pics won't rly look good. TwentyFoh by 9.5. Rubs wheneva I do errthang but playa gon play.

Haterz gonna be all over this lol, can't wait to hear comments...

Your a brave man playa

Looks cool but goofy LOL. I love the look of 20's on the CX5, but anything bigger is only for gangstas... and I think that's not me LOL.

I almost pulled the trigger on a set of 20's, but couldn't do it. Pretty sure I'll do 18's because I bought it because of the mpg and I plan to USE it like a mule, not just cruise around town. :) Running 150-200 miles a day, it's hard to justify hurting the ride and mpg that much.

BTW, I took off a tire and weighed it just to know what we are working with... 17" tire/rim was 47 lbs. Most of the 20's I've looked at will run 60 lbs... give or take a couple. Some combos are 65+. Umm... I don't think adding 20 pounds per corner is a good idea. I found a set of 18's that will check in at 44 lbs... that's what I would like to see on mine. That should improved handling, ride, and mpg, vs the stock treads.... and would be light years better than 20-22s

Wow 47 is pretty light for that much tire. Looksl ike the stock tire weighs 27-28lbs. That means the wheel is only 20. Thats pretty light for an OEM 17.

Wow 47 is pretty light for that much tire. Looksl ike the stock tire weighs 27-28lbs. That means the wheel is only 20. Thats pretty light for an OEM 17.

well, Mazda supposedly put the "skyactiv" tech into the whole package. That means keeping unsprung weight down too...

Back