The Progression of my V.1 Street Sleeper Turbo build

Below is an email/invoice from the City of Kelowna, to our club, Knox Mountain Motor Sport club.

Our club was hoping you would pay your amount of $ 464.31 for repositioning the concrete curbs.

If you have any questions, please email me

[/I]

Wondering if any others have run into similar circumstances?

You should get yourself a copy of the contract that the City of Kelowna requires in order to use the Knox Mountain Motor Sport club in addition to whatever waiver you may have signed. Generally, even if unintentional, the responsible party is liable for damages in all circumstances unless they can prove it was caused by negligence of others (poorly positioned barriers, poorly maintained road, etc). Even if you were on a public road and hydroplaned into a light pole your insurance would still be responsible for the damaged pole. It does sound like your club is kindly asking you to pay but isn't requiring you to. If you don't pay will it affect your standing with the club and ability to participate in other events? We all would like to see your car back on the road again.

I knew I'd get cheered up by the folks here! Thanks for the inspiration! The "BANANA" ain't done yet! lol

I'm going to dig a little deeper to see if there was any oversight on my part and/or the organizers to inform competitors.
I know one thing for sure. I can't swing the bill anyway right now. Between Christmas and a possible need to travel across the country on short notice due to a family situation there just isn't the funds immediately available.

Just stopped by the body shop today. Things are getting straighter but the rack guy keeps getting pulled away to do other more pressing jobs. :(
It's all good tho. Found a few more bent bits in the front suspension to replace so they are on order. :)

My apologies for being absent from this thread for so long.
The car was revived enough to return to the scene of the crime this year!
I am happy to report that I participated in the 2017 60th Annual Knox Mountain Hillclimb unscathed!
A more detailed report (with pics and video) to follow when I get my s*** together. :D

My apologies for being absent from this thread for so long.
The car was revived enough to return to the scene of the crime this year!
I am happy to report that I participated in the 2017 60th Annual Knox Mountain Hillclimb unscathed!
A more detailed report (with pics and video) to follow when I get my s*** together. :D
Glad to hear it! How'd the car do?

Car ran flawlessly but the only downside was I had to use my spare trans with the street gears and welded MSP LSD. Torque steer like crazy and the street gears are not suited for hillclimb duty.
I've been so busy that I still haven't edited any of my GoPro footage. I had 2 cameras running for each of my 7 runs over the weekend. I've got some still pics also but I have to find a better host than PhotoBucket. It's just too full of ads and crap.
Bear with me. I will get it all together eventually.... :D

I was in Kelowna on a layover but didn't get in until later in the afternoon. Only saw the last 5-6 cars. Shame I missed your runs! Would have been nice to chat about your car for awhile!

I was in Kelowna on a layover but didn't get in until later in the afternoon. Only saw the last 5-6 cars. Shame I missed your runs! Would have been nice to chat about your car for awhile!

Oh man! You should have wandered over into the pits. I was there until about 5:30ish.

We were down in the pits. Didn't see your car or I would have. Maybe you were still up at the top and hadn't come down yet? We watched the last car head up but didn't stick around much after that.

Back