The Progression of my V.1 Street Sleeper Turbo build

Anyone know what spring would be in the Tial WG that was included with this kit?
Dcp_0105copy.jpg

padre is that is what is in yours? i believe me and you have the same wastegate, so if you have that spring i should also have that spring.

Thanks

Vacuum Block

Question about locating the the vacuum line block. I heard that it is supposed to go on the passenger side of the "lump" in the hose against the firewall. Is there a clear picture available of this location? (Preferably before and after). Also, what is this line made of and what is the best way to cut it? I don't want to get a bunch of crap in the line from hacking away at it...

Thanks

well i've seen a few people place it over on the driver's side. so i don''t know what to tell you there. i guess you could search for pictures of rich's car or txrxs i believe one of them put pictures up of the one they installed. but the hose should be rubber. i used a razor knife or so little dykes to cut it. it's not extremely hard to cut.

azeli73 said:
This clear enough?

Not really, for what I'm looking for, but nice pic anyway! You got my interest on something else though. What is the blue fitting for on the front of your turbo housing? Are you running coolant through it? I haven't seen any mention of doing this in any of the install threads.

And back to topic, if anyone has a closer pic of the vacuum block installation...?

I thought that was clear enough to figure out where to put the vacuum block.

Yes i tapped the coolant. It's there! Why not use it! The return line is going into the thermostat housing.

Just take a razor and slice the line you see below and install the block. Then you can run all your lines. (thumb)

13.jpg

brealmp3 said:
padre is that is what is in yours? i believe me and you have the same wastegate, so if you have that spring i should also have that spring.

Thanks

Yes, thats the one that I received with my waste gate also.

On another subject, I have a question about wiring in the MPI Tuner and TM. I have the printed instructions from "Nick Mannarino" that I got from MURDA with the kit. They refer to various #PCM. Can someone please explain what and where this is?
Thanks.

mspeedP5 said:
On another subject, I have a question about wiring in the MPI Tuner and TM. I have the printed instructions from "Nick Mannarino" that I got from MURDA with the kit. They refer to various #PCM. Can someone please explain what and where this is?
Thanks.

thats the stock computer. Its located under a steel protection plate on the passenger side.(under the carpet)

...mpi.....lot's of fun!! hows it going? don;t forget to solder all your connections...no tape or butt connectors!(thumb)

Attachments

• MPI install.jpg
    MPI install.jpg
    502.2 KB · Views: 554
Last edited:
azeli73 said:
I thought that was clear enough to figure out where to put the vacuum block.

So this is it here...?

Attachments

• Dcp_0124 copy.jpg
    Dcp_0124 copy.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 543
bazooka joe said:
ocm...mpi.....lot's of fun!! hows it going? don;t forget to solder all your connections...no tape or butt connectors!(thumb)

Haven't started yet. Gonna have a shop do it, then tune it. Not 'til the new year tho'. God, just looking at that picture gives me heartburn... (eek2)

Back