The DD MS3

Pranks on pranks on pranks. Called the tire store today to check if my wheel is ready to be picked up. The answer was yes. Once I got there, they started looking all over for something and said the tire hasn't even come in yet. So..... sorry, see you tomorrow, and congrats you wasted 45 minutes?

Those aren't just pranks, your car is haunted.

You'll need a priest with holy water, a physic to perform a seance , and bunch of chicken bones and bat wings. Lol

If you knew me more, you might think I’m the one that’s haunted lol. Chicken bone and bat wings sound like a formula for synthetic sars.

Edit: I take that back. You might be right. I don’t get pranked as often with my other vehicles.

damn dude. i would have thought subaru would give more pranks.. sad day. glad you're back on the road though

Reactions: 323
The old subaru's biggest pranks were rust and not throwing a code for misfire surprisingly. Current subaru has been pretty good so far lol.

Well it looks like the ms3 might be for sale soon. If it is true, I will be fixing up a few odds and ends before making a for sale post. I’m not one to sell broke sh!t.

*cough* @Gabe710 *cough*

@323 Thinking of selling the MS3? Going to replace it with another Mazda if you do..?

Yeah the ms3 is definitely going to be for sale. Just a matter of when. I knew this would happen, just not as soon as I thought. No, the replacement won’t be a mazda this time around.

Wanted to dust and vacuum the inside of the car yesterday after work but it was raining so it'll have to wait. Ordered a cv boot repair kit for the axle boot situation. The more I think about it, the more it's not worth the trouble to remove and replace an almost brand new axle over a torn boot. After taking some measurements on the replacement axle I received, I found the boot kit DORMAN 03608 is the perfect fit. I'll be tackling this next week. If I'm selling something, that something isn't going to be dirty, broke, or on its way to failing!

03608-007.JPG

Cool!!
I'm curious to know how it works out for you.
I hope it doesn't leak along the seam.

I plan on sealing the seam too along with using the hardware. Seems more proper and better for the long run.

That sounds like a good idea.
Some split boots come with glue instead of bolts.
I don't know what kind of glue it is though?

This boot kit has a lip where the other side overlaps. I think some sort of silicone or rtv on that lip should do the trick.

That sounds good.
I'd wipe down the lip really good with alcohol or maybe brake cleaner.
New rubber can have an oily film on it.

Back