The DD MS3

Nah, it's just the ammo box for various storage, ammo or not. There's a metal or plastic version you can choose from. Picked up my wheel after work and installed it after dinner. Here's one of my mechanic homeboy's vehicles, a 2nd gen CRV.

2020-08-10%2019%3A30%3A49.998-XL.jpg

Maybe you liked it because you sensed it is 6-speed swapped without even seeing the inside of the car. From what I gather talking to homeboy, most RSX parts swap over. Much like how old integra and civic parts swap over to the old CRV we have.

Mowed the lawn yesterday evening 🥵 then checked my fluids and topped of the air in my tires. Going on a short hiking trip with my sister on Sunday. While checking fluids, noticed the serpentine belt being nice and new looking so I was glad to know my fix on the tensioner bolt worked out fine after driving it 600 something miles. I was afraid it may have caused it to be out of alignment or something dumb like that.

2020-08-13%2018%3A00%3A02.530-XL.jpg

2020-08-13%2018%3A38%3A26.263-XL.jpg

The good: Drove a total 674 miles yesterday. Went on a nice hike and made it home safely. Car gave the highest mpg ever at 28.5mpg.

The bad: Spotted my front left wheel's inner barrel coated in grease. Same corner I installed the new axle in. Haven't had a chance to look at it yet but hoping it's not the axle since it's pretty new 🙄 . Thank goodness whatever it is, it didn't make its way onto my brakes.

My rear left tire plug failed and I ended up having to throw my spare wheel on.

The ugly: Me spending more time on things that shouldn't be broke in the first place.

IMG_9412-XL.jpg

IMG_9387-X3.jpg

2020-08-17%2010%3A50%3A02.020-XL.jpg

Last edited:
Lunch break shenanigans. Not looking forawrd to doing the axle again 🙄. It barely lasted 750 miles. Outer axle boot has a tiny hole in it. Discovered it by squeezing the boot and finding a hissing sound and grease oozed out. Some may say the axle grease was gabing out of the boot @Gabe710.

I reached out to the seller on Amazon. Let's see what they say.

IMG_9428-XL.jpg

IMG_9429-XL.jpg

IMG_9431-XL.jpg

IMG_9433-XL.jpg

2020-08-17%2014%3A36%3A50.613-XL.jpg

Look at that sad sight.

It looks like something got caught in there and cut into the boot.

Is that scuffing or a smear of grease?

That is grease oozing out of the boot. I'm about to make axle boots out of metal to prevent future pranks. 😂

I meant the area under your thumbnail but I think that's grease.

It looks like the rubber around the hole rotted, as opposed to cut or torn.

That's a defect in materials, as far as I see it.

Ah, I see what you were asking now. I already put the car back together and parked it so I can't go back out to verify if they are grease marks or not.

Seller said they'll ship me a new one by today. That's great customer service but I'm still eating the time, labor, and possible alignment for this again.

Well, that's good news.

Let's hope the replacement doesn't crap out in the same way.
Right, to do it a 3rd time...... *cringe*

Edit: Just got shipping info, should be here by the end of the week but I won't get to it for a couple weeks.

Axle arrived. In a very flimsy box might I add. It wasn't in a product box this time around with all the supportive foam/cardboard... just a flimsy box and an axle lol. Axle looks ok so that's that. Garage is occupied with some house projects so it'll be a couple weeks before I resolve this prank.

In other news, I picked up an ultra-gauge since my friend also has one and really liked it. Since I don't plan on modding the engine at all and don't need an access port, this is a good device to keep an eye on the vitals. So far so good.

2020-08-20%2011%3A27%3A44.044-XL.jpg

The gauge allows up to 7 pages of configurations but I've only set up 1 so far to monitor boost psi, afr (in lambda), coolant temp, and fuel rail pressure psi. I may add different configurations later to other pages to monitor things I suppose.

... it'll be a couple weeks before I resolve this prank.

Maybe, during the wait, you could take the axle apart and install a better boot.

It may help prevent future pranks. Lol

Actually, you could probably put a new boot on your failed axle and have an almost new, spare axle. The kit comes with the grease and clamps.

I remember rebooting an axle years ago. The grease is really weird, there's no weight to it. It's like a handful of whipped cream. Lol

To have to jump through that sort of preventative paranoia on a new item. SMH lol. So what’s the cv axle whipped cream taste like?

And yeah that’s the plan to keep the current axle as a spare. Told my friend he could get it if he ends up needing it before I do.

Friend:

20369616_1575727812440415_5420328125346806355_o.jpg

Last edited:
To have to jump through that sort of preventative paranoia on a new item. SMH lol.
I had to Google that. Lol

You can also buy a split boot that you simply glue shut, then you don't have to take your axle apart. Lol

So what’s the cv axle whipped cream taste like?

I didn't taste the grease, but when my car drips something, I taste it. Oil, antifreeze, brake fluid, AC runoff, all taste different.

My Friend:

Back