The DD MS3

you could probably tap that hole, but for now the longer bolt should do the trick(as long as there's no movement within the drilled hole)((could cause tensioner to move potentially, but unlikely)

Pranks keep on prankin! get rid of that car.

you could probably tap that hole, but for now the longer bolt should do the trick(as long as there's no movement within the drilled hole)((could cause tensioner to move potentially, but unlikely)

Pranks keep on prankin! get rid of that car.

All cars prank. None are an exception. Nah, the hole is nice and tight. I wouldn’t have proceeded if it seemed unsafe or iffy.

8mm plastic clips came in today so I installed the passenger fender liner. The clips didn't work too great. A few OEM ones were still intact so I used those in spots where it seemed most important. One mounting point required a bolt so I gave it a yellow one from my MP3 that I owned years ago :) Some spots have zip ties until I can source some proper clips.

IMG_8820-L.jpg

And my to do list for now is done. I wonder if @pcb has manuals for the ms3? It would make my life easier next time when I do things and stuff.

One of our favorite pizza places changed hands and the quality went down so we've kind of been on the search for a good pizza spot nearby. Brothers Pizza is great but it's kinda far.

Took it on a short trip over the weekend to visit some fams. No food was stolen during this trip. Figure I'd snap a pic while the car is still clean and the lighting looked proper.

IMG_8929-XL.jpg

Did some research on axles and the options seem pretty slim. It's either OEM, DSS, or DTA. DTA being the most cost effective. I was going to order just the driver side since it needs to be replaced but saw I can only get the driver side or the pair. Never found a listing for just the passenger side so I went ahead and ordered the pair along with OEM axle seals. Since I'll have both axles, I'll check the passenger one to see if the boot's material is failing or close to failing and just do both at once.

Axles and axle seals all came in early on Saturday. Moved the car in the garage this AM so I can work on the thing sometime during the week. Moved it in while it was cooler because it's suppose to be a high of 100 but feels like 108 or something ridiculous.

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Yeah man. Summer is on full blast. We need to invent A/C pants and shorts.

My plan for today after work was to get the axle out and remove and install the new axle seal. Didn't get as far as planned lol. Of course....

I didn't have a fancy axle removing tool so I just had to improvise. Luckily the pry bar I have ended up being the perfect length and rested on the floor while it was in the proper position. Gave a good kick and the axle popped off. I rushed and stuck the axle back in when fluid started coming out since I didn't have anything to catch it with. Grabbed an oil pan and popped the axle back off a second time. Read a tip prior to tackling this job that jacking the car up on its side should prevent fluid from coming out. This proved to be false. Maybe it works to a certain extent but the car is definitely still dribbling out trans fluid 20 minutes after I finished up for the day.

Last but not least, cleaning up axle grease is the worst!

IMG_9899-XL.jpg

IMG_9901-XL.jpg

IMG_9906-XL.jpg

IMG_9910-XL.jpg

IMG_9904-XL.jpg

Last edited:
Back