• Welcome to Mazdas247, the 24/7 Mazda Community and Resource. Learn about the benefits of becoming a Member here.
  • We're an Amazon Associate and eBay Partner. We earn from qualifying purchases.

The DD MS3

lolmsp lolms3
Got the bad side’s strut assembly off and took a photo of the carnage. Then I discover that I got pranked and should’ve ordered bump stops too. Was too hopeful thinking I could reuse the current ones. Now I have a few days to remove the other side.

lolmsp lolms3
Gave the struts and springs a good wipe down before bump stops came in. Because why not. I usually wipe down the wheel well whenever I’m in there on all my vehicles.

Got the car back together. The old strut mounts are still good so I’ll keep those around. It was only the strut bearings and bump stops that were bad. Reinstallation of strut assembly back in the car was unpleasant to say the least. The process had me pretty frustrated.

Last edited:

lolmsp lolms3
Went on a food run yesterday and noticed that all the front end clunking is completely gone. Who would’ve known strut bearings would make so much noise. If you know me personally, suspension clunks and rattles are a big pet peeve of mine. Clunk free is the way to be.

lolmsp lolms3
Weather was nice out yesterday. Did some maintenance engine bay wipe down to rid of all the pollen and dust. Yes I know I'm missing the battery cover. It's the way the car came and I'm currently not actively looking for one.

lolmsp lolms3
Washed it and dusted the inside yesterday. Cleaned the hell out of the door jambs. I think it's the first time I made the effort to and it was pretty filthy. While wiping things down, I found the mazdaspeed plate on the door sills came off pretty easily and the double side tape has failed so that'll be another project for another day. Also ordered a fitted winshield shade (Tuningpros SS-224) for it since that time of year is coming up.

Last edited:

lolmsp lolms3
Nah, car will stay as is and just be maintained to my standards :). I'll keep driving it like an old man so nothing ever breaks.

lolmsp lolms3
Windshield shade came in. I’m pretty happy with it as it’s really firm and not floppy at all. Perfect fit too. Not bad for about $36.