The DD MS3

The car looks great, my son has one just like it only it is a 2007. Does any one know where I can get the specs for the engine block? I have tried Mazda and buying a FSM but no success.

Thanks. My apologies though. I won't be much help since I'm new to this platform. Literally haven't even had the car for a month yet! :)

The car looks great, my son has one just like it only it is a 2007. Does any one know where I can get the specs for the engine block? I have tried Mazda and buying a FSM but no success.

Have you tried the other two "mazdaspeed" forums? Also try contacting Corksport, maybe they would know.

much autumn

i-psnGLKh-X2.jpg

Fixed my clunk! 99% of it is gone. It was definitely the front sway bar bushings. The passenger side bushing broke in half while trying to remove it lol. It was also the corner that made the most noise. Needless to say I'm pretty happy since clunks and rattles are one of my pet peeves.

Also fixed my fog lights. Installed bulbs since they were just missing from when I got the car and rewired in pigtails.

IMG_7006-X2.jpg

Last edited:
Drove the thing on a trip to Tennessee. Round trip was about 1500 miles. Of course, we got some hot chicken :) It did well besides the keyfob (aftermarket Autopage unit) not responding a few times when attempting to lock or unlock the car. It would reboot itself and work again. Glad it didn't leave us stranded!

i-gdmj6d8-X2.jpg

i-dwVzFxq-XL.jpg

Don't have any pictures to share on this update but poking around in the engine bay, I noticed the serpentine belt looks pretty worn so that'll have to be taken care of soon. Will order the GATES 90K38408E kit soon and get it taken care of.

On Sunday, replaced the Vapor Canister Purge Valve/Solenoid in efforts to fix the P2188 code I encountered but I forgot to clear the code until Monday so I only have about 8 miles into it. Time will tell if the issue is fixed.

Update: CEL code for P2188 has returned during my commute home. Also, current mileage says BOOBS

IMG_7551-XL.jpg

Last edited:
Finally replaced the intake on the car. The moment I laid eyes on the filter, I wanted to get rid of it but the HKS short ram piping only allowed for HKS pod filters or cheapo compact filters. I want to thank Damian again for donating me a Cobb short air intake! Removing the old intake, I discovered the intake filter had actually fallen apart and let in a lot of dirt #muchdisappointment. Cleaned the MAF for good measure. Made a custom bracket to secure the intake to prevent it from wobbling.

IMG_9848-XL.jpg

IMG_9854-XL.jpg

Washed my wheels yesterday and rinsed the pollen off the car. Finally got notice that my strut mount and bearings shipped yesterday, almost a month later.

image1-X2.jpg

image2-X2.jpg

Strut mounts and bearings are in. Now to clean the garage floor so I can have room to work on it.

IMG_8055-X2.jpg

Any plans to pull the intake manifold and decarb the valves? I've done a handful of speed 3s and cx-7s at work and the carbon build up was substantial.

Any plans to pull the intake manifold and decarb the valves? I've done a handful of speed 3s and cx-7s at work and the carbon build up was substantial.

Not anytime soon. It looks like a huge pain in the ass when I watched the process on YouTube.

In other news, cleaned out the garage and moved the thing in their for some weekday tinkering.
i-6jpRzQ3-L.jpg

Last edited:
Back