Tear in seat...Repair options?

:
2018 CX-5 GT PP
Just discovered 1" slit in my rear passenger seat. No idea when it happened but must have set something with a sharp corner on it. What is my best option for repair?

Attachments

• IMG_6499.JPG
    IMG_6499.JPG
    214.7 KB · Views: 91
Just discovered 1" slit in my rear passenger seat. No idea when it happened but must have set something with a sharp corner on it. What is my best option for repair?
I did that to a seat in an older Honda I once had. I took it to a car trim repair place & they repaired it with some type of heated vinyl patch. Mine came out flawless. I don't know how they do it if its leather. Lots of dealers have these repair people visit their dealerships just like the paint-less dent repair people do.

I would do a google search for an automotive upholstery repair company in your area. If not, like mentioned above, ask your dealer for some help with finding someone.

I did that to a seat in an older Honda I once had. I took it to a car trim repair place & they repaired it with some type of heated vinyl patch. Mine came out flawless. I don't know how they do it if its leather. Lots of dealers have these repair people visit their dealerships just like the paint-less dent repair people do.
I don't think it will matter whether it's leather or vinyl, because our leather is covered with plastic which is why it's cleanable with soap and water. Leather conditioner isn't able to soak through the vinyl to get to the leather so it's a waste of money to use it.

Mazda does offer premium leather on some of their vehicles that is very soft and luxurious. It is also porous so a quality leather conditioner is applicable.

I have a friend in Illinois who makes his living repairing leather and vinyl seating in restaurants, homes and vehicles. He has much of his equipment in his truck and also has a shop for the big jobs. The repair is all but totally invisible.

Back