TCS Warning Icon

Pitter

Pitter
Contributor
:
2020 CX-5 Signature Azul Metalico
Yesterday in my parking area I saw there was a nail in a rear tire causing a slow leak (it was a small nail ) Pressure in the tire was down to about 25 psi. I used an electric air pump and raised the pressure to 36 psi. After driving off, the TCS warning icon/light was on but went off after driving about two kilometers. Why did it come on and then go off?

pressure sensitive.
goes down light is on,
goes up light goes off automatically.
thats how it works. fix the tire :)

Did it tell you what tire was low?
I thought Mazda’s TPMS can’t tell individual tire pressure? Any one tire pressure is low, TPMS warning light should be on. But OP had TCS but no TPMS? Strange indeed.

Thanks very much for the explanation. From what I can tell the CX-5s shipped to Colombia don't have the tire pressure warning system.

Thanks very much for the explanation. From what I can tell the CX-5s shipped to Colombia don't have the tire pressure warning system.
That may explain it. Abnormal tire rotation (RPM) from any wheels may trigger traction control. When you adjusted tire pressure, the RPM on that particular wheel changed too, which may cause traction control activated a short period of time then stoped.

Latest posts

Back