TCS lights stay on for no reason?

I am still waiting to hear about any fix for this if Mazda knows its an issue or has known its an issue, it shouldnt take two years to come up with a fix, right? I dont think I need to replace anything if the lights only come on when I make a left turn, but will come on and stay one, seems like a computer problem to me, but who knows.

So this happened to me last night driving home, but it was only the traction control activation light (when actually slipping) that came on. It first came on while driving on the highway; no slippage or anything, just came on then went away. It did it again while driving though my neighborhood. Here's the fun part. In my neighborhood there are several turnarounds and I have to go through 4 of them to get to my street. It was snowing last night and a little slick so I was taking my time. The TCS light came on again while driving (didn't feel any slippage) and when I was taking the last turnaround, the light starts flashing and I start sliding and slam into the curb with both driver's side tires; banged them up pretty bad, but didn't burst a tire. This morning as I start driving to work, the TPMS light comes on and my alignment is completely wacked. I have to turn the wheel 15 degrees to the right to drive straight and there is a humming noise and vibration when driving at highway speed (60 mph). The vehicle is at the dealership right now so I'm waiting to see what they say and will update once I do.

Well, according to the dealership, their is nothing wrong with the traction control system and everything is working fine. So they told me I need to call my insurance. I have two bent wheels, need an alignment done, and there is a weird noise coming from the drivetrain or front suspension that they haven't figured out yet. OHHHHHHHHHH joy! (bang)

Hope your insurance take care of the suspension repair for you.

Is your CX9 still on OE tires?
Bad tires force TCS to work harder.
OE tires are not that good on snow and slippery surface.
TCS light flashing is normal, signalling that it is intervening.
When the light stays on, you got a problem.

They are; I already talked to them. They got me a rental car and will be out to inspect the vehicle early next week.

I still have the OEM tires on; was looking at getting new ones this weekend actually. The TCS light was coming on and staying on while driving down the highway and in my neighborhood before this happened. It only started flashing once the slide was happening.

> The TCS light was coming on and staying on while driving down the highway

Sounds like there is still something fishy going on with TCS. It should not stay on.
Flashing is normal when it intervenes.

Ceric, that's what I thought as well. The light isn't supposed to stay on at any point, let alone going 60 down the highway. If I am having traction control issues at that point, I am probably going to have more problems than a bent rim. But they hooked the vehicle up to their computer and ran the checks on it and didn't find any problems.

Looks like 2 new rims, a new tire, a wheel bearing and an alignment to get this all fixed. Insurance is going to cover the cost of a new tire, less tread wear. Since I have 35k miles on the OEM tires, I am just going to go ahead and replace all four tires. The service manager has recommended to me the Goodyear Eage RS-A, telling me that I will be pleased with them. Ya, I don't think I am going to be pleased with them. We'll see how much they charge me for some Pirelli's or some Yoko's.

DO NOT GET EAGLE RS-A TIRES. I can't believe they even recommended those. Those were factory tires on a few cx-9's, and they put those on alot of new vehicles on the lot. They are horrible, plain and simple.

Go for the Yoko Spec X, they are supposed to be great in rain/dry but also your best bet for moderate snow, from what I hear. Don't get what i have for snow (NT850) cuz they suck in snow, but are amazing in dry and rain.

I have no intention to get the Eagles. I am looking at either the Spec X or the Pirelli Scorpion STR. I do have to go through the dealership for at least one tire since it's being paid for by insurance. I'm not sure if I can get the dealership to cut me a check for the tire credit they got paid for.

They probably still have lots of RS-As from other owners of CX9s who demanded them replaced.
Dealers will say anything to sell you what they have.

yeah, they should. They will just pay you for the price of a new tire (same make/model of tire that you currently have) less tread that has already been used. Ask them to either mail the check to you at your house, or they can leave it at the body shop. You can use that money to purchase the tires. I have done this exact same thing with customers a couple times.

yeah, they should. They will just pay you for the price of a new tire (same make/model of tire that you currently have) less tread that has already been used. Ask them to either mail the check to you at your house, or they can leave it at the body shop. You can use that money to purchase the tires. I have done this exact same thing with customers a couple times.

That's what they did. They priced out the original Dueller at $240, and then reduced it for treadwear. I ended up with a credit of $138 for a new tire; the insurance company already wrote a check to the dealership for all the repairs. As for new tires, I had the dealership order me a set of the Parada's for $215 each installed, which is a better price than anywhere else I looked, even Tirerack. Everything should be done on Thursday and I looking forward to having my CX-9 back.

Just Stop, Turn Off engine, click the TCS button twice and Turn engine on again

I got the TCS and the Car icon on again (2nd time in 12 months on my 2011 CX9). I found the next opportunity to park. Turn off the car. Turn on the switch and press the TCS button couple of times. then turn on the engine and it got fixed.

Before stoping to do all the above I try to do it while I was running and it did not work.

Next time, do not reset it.
Drive it to a dealership, and have them read the error code.
Better fix it while it is still under OE warranty.

hi my mums 2001 mazda 323f sport.. abs light and the 2 TCS plus the little red handbrake light all came on at same time! its had new disks and pads all round plus a new front driver side caliper aswell any ideas?? :/

this happened to me in November, the light stayed on for half a day, it turned off on its own. today, it happened again. it stayed on. while running around today, i was in a parking lot and our mazda 2, 2012, 18,000 miles. while having the light stay on threw out the day, now it wont start. it cranked for 10 or so seconds and then finally started. this was NOT a low battery issue as we have never had a low battery (slow start) before and it did not sound like a low battery, once it started, it starts again fine, also hinting at not a battery issue.

Latest posts

Back