T-Mobile: SyncUP Drive

:
13' CX-5 and 16' Mazda6 both Touring w/Tech/Bose
Pretty Interesting Product/Service. Anyone heard of this? The free Roadside assistance service seems like it easily pays for itself.

$2 per month x24 months or $48 for the device. Plugs into OBDII port.

Roadside Assistance through Allstate Motor Club with 30-minute arrival guarantee.

OBDII Reader to diagnose codes and provides a summary of each code.

Vehicle Recall sync'd into your phone.

Wi-Fi Hotspot for up to 4 devices.

Car Location finder synced to your phone to track where your car is. Monitors driving behavior and
speeding.

https://explore.t-mobile.com/t-mobi...gclid=CLrj_qmDkNMCFZA6gQodMvAI4Q&gclsrc=aw.ds

Does not display temps, instant mpg etc. bummer i would have thought of using it.

Yea it looks interesting. Do note that new cars come with Mazda roadside assistance.

The rest of the features seem interesting.

Sent from my cell phone

Yea it looks interesting. Do note that new cars come with Mazda roadside assistance.

The rest of the features seem interesting.

Sent from my cell phone

Like many free roadside assistance programs from car companies, they outsource and the service is slow. My wife once had a tire blown up in the middle of the freeway. Literally took 1 1/2 hour for Mazda roadside assistance to dispatch and have a truck arrive. I used Mazda roadside assistance for a jump start. Took them about 2 hours to get to my home. Again just some dude in an old beat up pickup truck.

Perhaps Lexus or Mercedes have better services. My brother was a tech at Mercedes actually and rotated as the roadside assistance person on the weekends. Was given a brand new GLK to arrive to the destination. (yes got to take that bad boy home as a company car). This is why folks simply get AAA- the level of service. That said T-Mobil uses AllState Motor Club with a 30-minute guarantee. AAA I think has a 35-minute standard they want to achieve. Furthermore AllState Motor Club also has discount perks to hotels and towtrucks, ect. Discounts for CarFax. You get fuel deliver, tire change and lockout service.

$2 a month is just the fee to purchase the device, you also need a minimum of a 2GB data plan. If you already have T-Mobile though it's worth keeping an eye open for when they run free additional line(s) promotions. I believe that you can add this device on a free unlimited data line during those promotions, and that makes the WiFi hotspot a great feature to have too.

$2 a month is just the fee to purchase the device, you also need a minimum of a 2GB data plan. If you already have T-Mobile though it's worth keeping an eye open for when they run free additional line(s) promotions. I believe that you can add this device on a free unlimited data line during those promotions, and that makes the WiFi hotspot a great feature to have too.

Yeah the device is $48. I only have a 1-gig data plan right now. Will have to talk to wife to see if upgrading to the 2GB plan is cost effective (hopefully should be). The WiFi hotspot would allow us to watch streamed movies on non-data plan ipads and tablets right? I'm not too keen on the WiFi hotspot.

Like many free roadside assistance programs from car companies, they outsource and the service is slow. My wife once had a tire blown up in the middle of the freeway. Literally took 1 1/2 hour for Mazda roadside assistance to dispatch and have a truck arrive. I used Mazda roadside assistance for a jump start. Took them about 2 hours to get to my home. Again just some dude in an old beat up pickup truck.

Perhaps Lexus or Mercedes have better services. My brother was a tech at Mercedes actually and rotated as the roadside assistance person on the weekends. Was given a brand new GLK to arrive to the destination. (yes got to take that bad boy home as a company car). This is why folks simply get AAA- the level of service. That said T-Mobil uses AllState Motor Club with a 30-minute guarantee. AAA I think has a 35-minute standard they want to achieve. Furthermore AllState Motor Club also has discount perks to hotels and towtrucks, ect. Discounts for CarFax. You get fuel deliver, tire change and lockout service.

I have a bad habit of turning my dome lights on and forgetting to turn them off. I now keep a small portable jump starter in my CX-5 right next to my first aid/survival kit. It works great.

I have a bad habit of turning my dome lights on and forgetting to turn them off. I now keep a small portable jump starter in my CX-5 right next to my first aid/survival kit. It works great.

My wife does that too. We called roadside assistance thrice in as many months before buying one of those :)

I see that this thing monitors driving behavior. Could this be used against you in the event of an accident? Say by your insurance company? Some insurance companies claim to use these devices to 'help lower your rates' if you're a 'safe driver'. Conversely, if you're not a safe driver guess what happens? Say you roll through a stop sign and cause an accident. The device holds the proof that you didn't stop and it's possible that this could effect your insurance claim.

Big Brother is watching you...

I see that this thing monitors driving behavior. Could this be used against you in the event of an accident? Say by your insurance company? Some insurance companies claim to use these devices to 'help lower your rates' if you're a 'safe driver'. Conversely, if you're not a safe driver guess what happens? Say you roll through a stop sign and cause an accident. The device holds the proof that you didn't stop and it's possible that this could effect your insurance claim.

Big Brother is watching you...
Yuck. I hate stuff like that. Big brother can go the hell away.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Back