Switching to Manual Lift gate Operation

:
2017 Mazda CX-5 GS
Hi everyone. I’m new to Mazda, with a 2017 Grand Select, and this is my first post.

After searching a bit, I have not found an answer to this question. The owners manual mentions “switching the lift gate operation from power to manual.” It offers no explanation of how to do that. I would much rather have a simple manually operated lift gate. Has anyone figured out how to make that change?

Thanks!

AFAIK, just manually pull it up and down.
It is a bit heavier since you need to overcome the motors.

Is there any reason why you want to do this? Too slow in opening and closing?

AFAIK, just manually pull it up and down.
It is a bit heavier since you need to overcome the motors.

Is there any reason why you want to do this? Too slow in opening and closing?
To manually pull it up or down, you have to first release the latch, and to my knowledge the only button for doing so triggers the auto lift.

my reasons are yes, it's needlessly slow, and where I live, it very often hits -20 to -30 or colder in the winter. I’m concerned about how that system will work, or hold up, in those temperatures. It just seems like a point,
less feature for my needs and another thing to go wrong.

No big deal, I just thought since the manual says it, someone would know how to do it.

my reasons are yes, it's needlessly slow, and where I live, it very often hits -20 to -30 or colder in the winter. I’m concerned about how that system will work, or hold up, in those temperatures. It just seems like a point,
less feature for my needs and another thing to go wrong
FWIW, automotive components are typically tested at -40°C.

Indeed, there was a mysterious power drain issue on CX5 and was tracked down to power-lift gate... :(

Back