2017~2024 Suma Performance Side Mirrors for CX-5 Possible

1623353259961.png

unfortunately it is just a tease

1623354320261.png

Last edited:
Our mirrors are finally on their way. :) :)

According to my USPS tracking number, I will be getting mine on or before June 14th, 2021.

It's been a long wait and a lot has happened to the world since Eddy and his family got these into production at Suma Performance.

Never the less, I hope those of you who ordered them and this is your first experience with these mirrors will be as satisfied as I was with my first set for the ND, MX-5.

Just a quick word regarding installation and due to the time of year, we shouldn't have any problems with a certain aspect adding them. Make sure that your vehicle's mirrors are as warm as possible.

I got my first set when the weather was a bit nippy so using my mirror heaters were quite helpful. It will be easier to pop off the old ones and snap on the new ones while they are as warm as possible.

Don't be afraid to pull on them hard for removal and using some force when installing the new ones. You will notice that these are attached via ball and socket design.

Based on our current heat wave here in AZ, "warm" mirrors will not be a problem for me. :(

If anyone thinks they are having a problem with installation, Eddy is very good about getting back to his customers.

Are the part numbers for the 1st gen and 2nd gen CX-5 the same?

I just checked online and it looks like Gen1: KR24-69-1G1, Gen2: TK71-69-1G1. Hopefully there are no issues with fitment.

Are the part numbers for the 1st gen and 2nd gen CX-5 the same?

I just checked online and it looks like Gen1: KR24-69-1G1, Gen2: TK71-69-1G1. Hopefully there are no issues with fitment.
There are different mirrors for the second Gen CX-5 as opposed to the first Gen CX-5.

It was concluded almost a year ago that the 2 different vehicle's mirror are not interchangeable.

The second Gen CX-5 mirrors also fit the second Gen CX-9.

According to the Suma website, he has one pair of mirrors in stock that will fit the first Gen CX-5.

There are different mirrors for the second Gen CX-5 as opposed to the first Gen CX-5.

It was concluded almost a year ago that the 2 different vehicle's mirror are not interchangeable.

According to the Suma website, he has one pair of mirrors in stock that will fit the first Gen CX-5.

I knew the part numbers for the Gen1 and Gen2 were different, but didn't know if they were interchangeable. They look quite similar in shape, and it looks like they have the same mounting system, I'm just not sure if they're a direct replacement. I guess we'll see if they fit or not.

One of the Gen2 CX-9 owners also ordered a pair and received the same ones @CX5_Driver got, but no word on if he's tried to test fit yet. @MGMGT16, have you tried putting them on at all? Or is it clear that they won't fit?

I knew the part numbers for the Gen1 and Gen2 were different, but didn't know if they were interchangeable. They look quite similar in shape, and it looks like they have the same mounting system, I'm just not sure if they're a direct replacement. I guess we'll see if they fit or not.

One of the Gen2 CX-9 owners also ordered a pair and received the same ones @CX5_Driver got, but no word on if he's tried to test fit yet. @MGMGT16, have you tried putting them on at all? Or is it clear that they won't fit?

They absolutely won’t fit. I pushed one on just to see. This is the only angle they fit on there...

18F4D622-840C-4D6D-874F-00E6132AC0EB.jpeg

They also have a huge gap on the side closest to the vehicle.

E5A6FA48-19CA-467D-8112-E63099427756.jpeg

Here’s a comparison of the back. You can see the mounting disc, for lack of a better term, is not in the same spot as the stock mirror. It’s shifted to the vehicle side of the mirror.

08659588-3830-4635-BDCD-6461D7FF975B.jpeg

Still no word from Eddy at Suma about a resolution.

Thanks for the pictures @MGMGT16. That's a shame they don't fit. Since this was a preorder, I'm guessing someone with a Gen1 may have received Gen2 mirrors that won't fit their car either.

Welp, just to muddy the puddle, I received a pair for my Gen1 GT but they are without the appropriate electrics. I've emailed Suma and am breathlessly awaiting a response......

It befuddles me as to why it is so difficult to understand that the 1st gen, CX-5 has different shaped mirrors as the 2nd gen, CX-5. This was made very clear from the beginning, almost 1 year ago, when Eddy and I were trying to get customers together so that Eddy's family could start working on the design and production.

The 2nd gen CX-5 mirrors also fit the 2nd gen, CX-5.

For those of you who want mirrors for the 1st gen, CX-5, go to the Suma Performance site. As of last night he still had one pair of those left.

It befuddles me as to why it is so difficult to understand that the 1st gen, CX-5 has different shaped mirrors as the 2nd gen, CX-5. This was made very clear from the beginning, almost 1 year ago, when Eddy and I were trying to get customers together so that Eddy's family could start working on the design and production.

For those of you who want mirrors for the 1st gen, CX-5, go to the Suma Performance site. As of last night he still had one pair of those left.
I didn’t want the 1st gen mirrors. I ordered the 2nd gen CX-5/CX-9 mirrors and was sent the incorrect ones.

You're forgetting that I was the one who found out that the part numbers were the same for the 2nd gen CX-5 and 2nd gen CX-9. I also posted in this thread that Eddy would be offering mirrors for the 1st gen CX-5 as well, after I emailed him to let him know we had some interest in 1st gen mirrors here on the forum.

It's not difficult to understand that the mirrors would be different since the part numbers are different, but it begged the question - why did a 2nd gen CX-5 owner and a 2nd gen CX-9 owner both receive mirrors for the 1st gen CX-5? It was either two coincidental mistakes, or maybe he tested them on the 2nd gen and they fit. It wouldn't be the first time that Mazda has used different P/Ns that fit the same vehicle (see TPMS sensors for example).

Of course, now that @MGMGT16 was helpful enough to post comparison pics, we know for sure that they were just sent the wrong ones.

Hopefully Eddy can get you guys sorted out quickly.. my understanding is that he ordered a very limited amount and doesn't have mirrors for the 2nd gen on hand to swap out.

You're forgetting that I was the one who found out that the part numbers were the same for the 2nd gen CX-5 and 2nd gen CX-9. I also posted in this thread that Eddy would be offering mirrors for the 1st gen CX-5 as well, after I emailed him to let him know we had some interest in 1st gen mirrors here on the forum.

It's not difficult to understand that the mirrors would be different since the part numbers are different, but it begged the question - why did a 2nd gen CX-5 owner and a 2nd gen CX-9 owner both receive mirrors for the 1st gen CX-5? It was either two coincidental mistakes, or maybe he tested them on the 2nd gen and they fit. It wouldn't be the first time that Mazda has used different P/Ns that fit the same vehicle (see TPMS sensors for example).

Of course, now that @MGMGT16 was helpful enough to post comparison pics, we know for sure that they were just sent the wrong ones.

Hopefully Eddy can get you guys sorted out quickly.. my understanding is that he ordered a very limited amount and doesn't have mirrors for the 2nd gen on hand to swap out.
I certainly hope that Eddy will get this mess straightened out.

I was also sent the wrong mirrors.

My vehicle is a 2nd generation CX-5 but I received mirrors for the 1st generation CX-5.

After waiting almost a year for these, it is rather disappointing to have this happen.

I could understand if there were hundreds of orders involved. But, such is not the case.

Still waiting to hear from Eddy.

BTW, does anyone want to trade their Suma mirrors designed for the 2nd generation CX-5 for a set of 1st generation mirrors? Unfortunately, I have a set of the latter mirrors in stock that are not made for my vehicle. :)

Eddy at Performance Mirrors has asked me to tell anyone who got the wrong mirrors to write to him.

Include a pic of the label on the box with your post.

He has promised to fix this issue quickly and apologizes for the screw up.

support@sumaperformance.com

Back