Stuff about the player...

Karl Marx

Contributor
:
MP3 With Clunk Package
I only found a couple of bugs in the Z828, all minor, the only thing that annoys me is that to be able to display LONG file names with the player, you have to burn a CD in ISO 9600 LEVEL 2 mode... Which is 30 characters but Easy CD Creator has the option greyed out!! i can only burn Level 1 ( 8.3 caracter length, so i get names like "Nine In~1.mp3" ).. so basically i have to display ID3 tags instead.

Karl I can hook you up with the software I got on my new 20x burner called Nero. It doesn't suck like Roxio. You can do almost anything with it (vcd, audiocd, etc etc etc).
What kind of burner do you have?

Well i have 2 burners here at the appartment ( HP and Mitsumi ).. i guess i should try other programs i'm just too lazy to install them. But Adaptec has the option to burn 30 character file names but its greyed out..

I checked and nero supports iso level 2, infact it does it by default. I'll make you a copy of the CD. The "nero55" directory in the cd is 300+ megs, and trust me I don't feel like finding out wtf files are needed exactly.

I tried to use Nero but i have an HP burner and it didnt like it. im just useing the HP software. it wouldnt do level 2, but i just downloaded an update and i hope it can, but i really cant use it since i dont have an MP3 player in my car right now.

------------------
"They say I'm crazy but I'm just having fun"
stock for now

LouisianaMP3: Really? I does not have this problem with my player. All the songs were there, but some of the track orders was wrong. Other than that, this player rock. To make your search easiler, put the tracks into folders and organize them with ID3tag.

------------------
Stock MP3, 01
Toronto

[This message has been edited by OceanPark (edited 09-12-2001).]

I usually burn with 4X speed with my mp3 cd, the higher speed you set, the burner might skip files or sometimes could not be read.

------------------
Stock MP3, 01
Toronto

I burned MP3 CDs 3 to 4 years ago and they worked right away as i tried them.

What is the frequency of the MP3? you sure the extension is .MP3? and not anything else? If you take your CD, can WinAmp play the MP3s that the player cannot find?

I'm not sure, Karl. I haven't had time to play with that yet. I will try it tonight and let you know. Thanks for all the suggestions, guys.

Its funny how you always discover stuff on the player. I never really noticed the "Font" options in the menu... i changed my font today.. woohoo haha.

The HeadUnit is a fun gadget at a red light.. too bad we can't program a song order... or can we?

------------------
Karl Marx / protegemp3.com

You could only choose between blod or not right?

I notice that you could change the "TV" display to something out too.

------------------
Stock MP3, 01
Toronto

Back