strut mount vent!

mildsalsa

Contributor
:
03.5 MSP Laser Blue Mica
just wanting to post a thread to vent about my strut mount lol. i changed my stock tokico blues for some tokico illuminas and i have skunk2 coilover sleeves with 2 8" 225lbs springs in the front and 2 10" 250lbs springs in the rear. and now i just broke through my 3rd rear drivers side strut mount.. 1st one was stock.. duh, 2nd was a set from oreillys auto parts and 3rd was one from napa. all the shocks are set at the 1st setting and i have adjustable swaybar endlinks set to the lowest they can go. comment if you like or make suggestions.. im just wanted to vent my frustration :)(mswerd)

passanger side.....

4819222420_083d3f1a0c.jpg

drivers side....

4818598955_5ac4043af2.jpg

its for now lol i have blown shocks before and until i got new shocks i had the 10" ones already to i rocked the rake look for a bit lol. washer wise i just used everything that came with the kit.

wow i have never seen that happen in any car! I guess there is a first for everything.

ya thre is, i pay for the part, install then take the broken one back and get a refund... so this is going to be the 4th strut mount iin 2 months on the same side.

i fabricated a large washer to put between the shock's rod and the bottom of the strut mount... i want to see how its going to push that through the hole... HA... btw ride is rolling smooth again

There's actually a washer / cap sold by mazda to keep this from happening. I had the same type of blowout on one of MP3s. When I put in new strut tops I ordered the Mazda caps. They are contoured to fit over the rubber / plastic mount and fill the space to prevent the strut from blowing through the mount. I think the part number is B25D-28-019A. I looked back through some of my mazdamotorsports invoices and I bought a pair of these at about the right time. They are called "cap, rear damper." I bought a lot of suspension parts around then so don't quote me.

ok thanks pope!, but my 99cent pieces should hold up lol.... i hope. someone sent me a link for awr plate things... $225 um ya im good on that.....

The plates from Mazda were only $4 bucks per side. I was actually surprised by how much I got for my money. They were perfectly contoured and shaped to do the job, and very heavy gauge steel. Hope your solution holds up! It was a real pain to tear it all down over some stupid rubber...

It was a real pain to tear it all down over some stupid rubber...
exactly.! whats bad thou is my spring isolators are gone.. musta just tore apart and fell off so... whenever i get a chance to get new ones i gotta take it all apart again... but after my 7th time doing this... im pretty sure i got the hang of it lol

Back