2013~2016 Stiffening CX-5 Rear Suspension. Ideas?

Have a 2015 AWD CX-5 2.5l and have bought a boat so would like to stiffen the rear suspension. Boat would be under 1000lbs. All I can see are a spacers to space the existing coils. Was hoping for a progressive tensioning cargo coil style spring. Used to be called Cargo coils in the 80's lol . Have seen mostly air ride systems at 1000's of dollars. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas. Have googled and searched this thread . Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. Be safe. Wayne

I think air bags would be the way to go. I see them listed as “air helper springs” at eTrailer. They go within the spring and you can inflate them manually when you need to tow. I don’t think a stiffer spring would do the trick. I imagine a spring with higher tension would just make the rear sit higher than it should when under a normal load.

Thank you guys so much for the info. I'm probably go for these, just making sure which one to order. I get a measurement of 4"x9" which is a 60910 but notice someone else had installed the 60909 so just wondering if they suggest the 1" smaller for install. Will email them next week sometime. Thanks

They just might recommend the smaller one. I saw on their guide that they say be it’s better go smaller vs bigger.

Back