Spyker Will Sell Its Supercars at U.S. Saab Dealerships

mikeyb

Contributor
:
01 BMW 325xi Touring
Saab-Spyker-logos-220x134.jpg

Spyker is moving forward with plans to expand its dealer network, and will accomplish that goal using the Swedish brand it recently purchased, selling its supercars at some U.S. Saab dealers.

The target buyers for Saab and Spyker vehicles are obviously very different, so the two companies will work together to identify cities with the ideal demographics in which to sell supercars alongside Saabs, Saab spokeswoman Michele Tinson tells us.

Saab currently has 207 dealerships in the U.S., a third of which are still connected to GM showrooms. Spyker has just 16 American outlets. We had previously heard that Spykers plans included expanding its U.S. dealer network to 25 stores.

According to Bloomberg, Spyker plans to use Saab dealerships to grow its number of dealerships worldwide from 35 to 60 by the end of this year. Spyker reportedly plans to have 90 dealers by the end of 2011.

[C&D]

I was told that Spyer will be building a manufaturing shop in Marble Falls Texas (just down the road form me). But I coulnd't find anything on that.

well that's cool.

I like spyker. the interiors of them are always a cool mix of class, old school aeronautics, and new tech.

is it just me or is it wierd to see a car manufacturer using the front end profile of a 1920s airplane?

Back