Special orders?

Hey...
Would you know if this car is already being build?..or has the production line hasn't even begun yet? I was wondering if any special orders could be made ?...
I know that Mp3 never offered a sunroof...and the MAZADSPEED protege doesn't seem to have one either. But if this car hasn't been built yet, i don't see why they can't add a sunroof?.
Can this be done through special order?.
A Sunroof makes a big differences to any car IMO.
Thanks again!
-Limited Edition

I can't remember if the MS-P will have a sunroof either, but the dealer would be glad to add one on and then charge the hell out of you for it too. The dealer I bought my MP3 from had an Yellow MP3 in their showroom with a sunroof and they wanted $27k for that car. :eek:

hey..
when they add a sunroof, it's fully automatic, right?...tilt/open?.
it's covered with the same warrenty, i suppose,..correct me if i'm wrong. I guess anything is possible, as long as you have the $.
But i can't see why they would charge a hell of alot more for a sunroof, when a sunroof option should only be about $700-$1000
Anyways, when you mentioned $27K you meant CAN currency right?
-Limited Edition

but limited....if the sunroof is NOT a factory option...the dealer will or CAN get an aftermarket one installed....of course you could do the same thing....and the dealer is going to not only charge you the price they had to pay for the roof and the install...but jack up the price for YOU too...and make that much more money...

its just like the dealers that were having aftermarket leather installed in the P-5's before it became a midyear option...and the dealers were charging like $1400 for the seats.....

all the pics i have seen of the ms protege show no sunroof, except possibly a sunroof in one pic i have of a black ms sitting in front of the callaway bldg. glare and small pic, so i cant tell for sure. i asked my dealer about it and he wasnt positive, but another one of the salesmen there who had seen the Ms protege at an auto show, irvine ca i think?? said he knew for sure there was a sunroof. so maybe even tho its ltd, they will make like 500 orange w snrf 500 blk w snrf, and 500 each without or somethin. Also notice that on the specs page where it lists headroom in the front it says (without sunroof)

Remember that the early pics of the mp3 showed it with a sunroof as well. Even had 18" rims and painted cali's.

Until it comes out....we'll never really know

newf..
are you saying that some could end up witha sunroof and some won't?...how would they know how much to charge extra for a sunroof?..some might not want it.:confused:

Limited Edition said:
newf..
are you saying that some could end up witha sunroof and some won't?...how would they know how much to charge extra for a sunroof?..some might not want it.:confused:

believe me...if they come from the factory with a sunroof they WILL know how much to charge for it....and if the car you have available to purchase has one...and YOU don't want one...then don't buy it....someone will....that or you will pay the extra to get your mazdaspeed....even with the sunroof you didn't necessarily want....

All I meant was....we don't know anything yet. Everything is just rumours still. All we have is some press releases showing some specs which may or may not be final and we've seen a picture of some orange ones, and one black one in front of Callaway. Even mazda's site is a bit vague.

They did the same thing with the mp3. Everyone just assumed it had a sunroof. They were showing pics of mp3's on sites like Motortrend, and it indeed had a sunroof. But, when it was finally released.....NO factory sunroof. When I got mine, even the dealer was like......where's the sunroof? Then again, most salesman don't know all that much anyhow.

We just gotta wait. Personally, I just want to drive it once. Just to see if there is much of a difference. I'm not trading the mp3 in for a black or orange car. Black is a pain in the a$$. And orange, while I'm starting to like it more, everyone I've showed it to so far has laughed at it. ORANGE! What kinda color is that! is the reaction I'm seeing from 95% of people around here where I live. Not the reaction I want after spending 30 grand CDN on it.

Not 1 person has EVER said anything bad about the blue of my car. I love the color, and it seems everyone does. If I didn't already have a mp3, I'D LOVE TO OWN a Mazdaspeed. And orange is probably what I'd get and say to hell what everyone else thinks. But since I do have an mp3, it kinda changes things.

Maybe next year they'll come out with a mazdaspeed 3 that's blue, has a fs-ze engine, turbo, awd, and pushes way over 200 hp :)

ok I'm dreaming.

Last edited:
Dream is over. This year is the end of the 3rd gen protege with the FS-series engine. :mad:

Then we'll getting FordSpeed 3.

newf said:
Then this is my first and last Mazda. I won't ever buy another car with a ford engine. NEVER.
Yep, I agree. They'll "focus" the Protege into the ground, then wonder why those Mazdas don't sell as well as they did.

[bitchfest]
The truth: the high numbers of Ford Focus' that are sold proves beyond a shadow of a doubt how stupid the general auto-purchasing public is.

It really doesn't make much sense, anyway. Mazda has developed a trusted and loyal following over the years because of their quality control and consistent product. It's the quality that brings the customer of imports back. Sure Mazdas aren't perfect. But the gripes we have seem like petty whining to those owners of American cars.

Fords, on the other hand, are purchased, in most cases, by individuals who obviously haven't done their homework. Beyond that, the American manufacturers have a certain amount of historical name recognition. Marketing, marketing, marketing.

Well, the Ford name isn't going to improve the sales of Mazdas to past Mazda owners - in fact, it will drive them away. It never ceases to amaze me how the "big three" continue to make idiotic decisions. They see the purchase of a quality car company in a purely leveraging sense. If they didn't, they wouldn't even think about bastardizing the level of quality that made the company worth the investment in the first place.
[/bitchfest]

this might not belong in this thread but oh well.....i have been waiting to hear from my mazda dealer about the MS, he is supposed to call me when he gets final specs and whatnot cuz he wont take my deposit until he has a final msrp or whatever. So the mazda site said today was the big day, that today they were gonna release final specs so im getting anxious called the dealer got the same story, he doesnt know yet but will call me as soon as he does. Then just for kicks I called another dealer in my area. This second dealer said they would be in in the next 2 months, he would take my down payment now, and that the price was gonna be around 16-18......which is absurd. I think this second dealer i called just wanted to get me in and put down what he said would be a 2000 deposit so he can make some commission, whereas the dealership I have been in contact with for a few months now, I am dealing with the sales manager who cares more about satisfying customers than making some commission. BUT.....wouldnt it be nice to go up to the second dealership and get him to sign something or get some sort of agreement as i put down my 2000 that the car itself will only be 16-18? So much for commission, he would have to eat the 5 grand he forgot about....

oh yea. this is all in USD.

Syzygy:

I couldn't have said it better myself. It blows my mind what most people consider "good" cars. And it's just plain stupid that mazda is going with Ford. Funny thing is, your right. Since the general public are so stun, Mazda may initially sell more cars then usual due to the public not knowing....their fords, and the other half not knowing why they should even car if their fords.

Hey, they look pretty, and it's a good price right? That's all that matters.....duh.

Latest posts

Back