So the 30 is the only Mazda with a WiFi Hotspot

7eregrine

The man, the myth, the legend
:
Land of Cleve
:
2016.5 CX5
Interesting. It's a Verizon hotspot that you can add to your existing VZW plan for $20 a month.
Kind of surprised it is debuting on this vehicle and not something like the .

I have never understood the need for a car wifi hotspot. I mean, the phone is right there plugged in to the car anyway. Why not use the hotspot that is on the phone that you are already paying for?

I agree, especially as the price of unlimited 4g comes down, but answer: because kids.

I have never understood the need for a car wifi hotspot. I mean, the phone is right there plugged in to the car anyway. Why not use the hotspot that is on the phone that you are already paying for?
It's mainly for phones that don't have it, which are far and few these days, or phones who's signal is intermittent while traveling. The general idea is that it's supposed to be more of a constant signal for your current phone so that others traveling with you in the car can get the best signal. Also, for those without unlimited data, (also far and few) they don't have to use too much of their plan.

Personally, I have never had a need for it.

The hotspot on my phone does not work when I'm actually using it as a phone.

I don't believe that phones can transmit/receive voice and data concurrently...at least mine can't.

Back