Off Topic So slow I'm ashamed...

I avoided it like the plague. I got a friend that would never shut up about it. I'm not into sports games. Maybe Madden but that is it. Soccer? PUKE. Car soccer?!?!? OMFG PUKE PUKE.
Then I tried it. It is so insanely fun. I had to apologize to my buddy because he's right. It's really good, easy to pick up, easy to have fun with, hard to master. And matches are only 5 minutes so if you are doing poorly it's over quick. lol Also because they are short I will often hop in just to play a game or two and then go do something else.

Gamertag is ChainedAlice. I'll keep an eye out for ya. (Also doesn't require high end PC's...)

Last edited:
With the help of @ColoradoDriver we got the ARGB fans playing nicely with the MOBO. I found a 5V to 12V converter by DeepCool that was very easy to install and works as advertised. Some of the reviews were negative stating that it would light the fans but not give them the addressable ability. Happy to say that he can adjust them as needed as well as the MOBO, CPU cooler and Corsair LED kit via the Corsair iCue software. He also chose a second monitor....finally! He decided against a curved one and went with the LG 27GL83A 27" LG 27GL83A 27'' UltraGear™ QHD IPS 1ms Gaming Monitor with G-Sync® Compatibility (27GL83A-B) | LG USA

He downloaded a wallpaper app and has been having a lot of fun getting the keyboard, PC and his room to sync with it.

Here are some pics of the completed rig, thanks again to all that helped me along the way!
Jared's Gaming PC.jpeg
Jared's Gaming PC1.jpeg
Jared's Gaming PC2.jpeg
Jared's Gaming PC4.jpeg
Jared's Gaming PC5.jpeg
Jared's Gaming PC6.jpeg

Definitely see that Keyboard in my future. :D Thanks for the follow up.

Wait wait... I've been helping a Patriots fan all this time? Ohhhh brother.

:D
LOL

Next we might have to introduce him to Phillips Hue. ;)

You think you have it bad, I am a Dolphins fan! Oh, where did I go so wrong....:(:D

Nice reference, lol. Of course I pick the night to take pics when it is all blue. The other day it was a different galaxy wallpaper and he had coordinating blue and purple/pink lights to play off of it.

Definitely see that Keyboard in my future. :D Thanks for the follow up.

Wait wait... I've been helping a Patriots fan all this time? Ohhhh brother.

:D
LOL

Next we might have to introduce him to Phillips Hue. ;)
Have you seen the Best Buy Deal of the Day?
Screenshot_20210117-144421_Best Buy.jpg

I have one I think. Didn't like it. It’s sitting in the closet.
I'm not personally a fan of the Razer mechanical switches either.

EDIT: Or at least those noisy as hell clicky Greens. I have a distaste for Cherry MX Blues for this reason too.

Big fan of Cherry MX Reds, Silent Reds, and to a lesser extent, Browns.

Last edited:
So far he is enjoying the "clicky" noises. Time will tell if that changes or not. Over the weekend he decided to move back on to campus for the spring semester. He is excited but wait until I tell him he can't take the rig.....because dad is going to start gaming! :LOL:

So far he is enjoying the "clicky" noises. Time will tell if that changes or not. Over the weekend he decided to move back on to campus for the spring semester. He is excited but wait until I tell him he can't take the rig.....because dad is going to start gaming! :LOL:
Nice lol.

Yeah some people really like those clicky keyboards. I am not a fan. But I am absolutely a believer in mechanical keyboards. I just like the ones that aren't so clicky. I have a Cherry MX Red board now. Looking into some Silent Red boards possibly.

I was at Bestbuy early and walked by the mechs. Yea, some of them are REALLY quiet. There was a Logitech... I didn't even know that could GET that quiet. lol
I don't mind the noise at all.

Snagged a 5600X yesterday for MSRP. Kinda wanted a 5900X, but oh well. Now just trying to nab a 3070 or 3080 from the stock drop alerts. So far no dice after a week.

Its funny too. Saw stats...something like 50,000 30-series cards sold by scalpers on eBay for $61Million. At any given time there's like 30,000 people on these stock drop discords (multiple). No wonder there is so much demand. All the scalpers and crypto miners have the cards.

Snagged a 5600X yesterday for MSRP. Kinda wanted a 5900X, but oh well. Now just trying to nab a 3070 or 3080 from the stock drop alerts. So far no dice after a week.

Its funny too. Saw stats...something like 50,000 30-series cards sold by scalpers on eBay for $61Million. At any given time there's like 30,000 people on these stock drop discords (multiple). No wonder there is so much demand. All the scalpers and crypto miners have the cards.
Nice, congrats! Will this be a strictly gaming pc or multi-use? What resolution will you be using? Seems like if you want to game at 4K, the higher end CPUs are less important...Do you think there would be a big FPS difference between a 5600X/3090 and a 5900X/3090?

Nice, congrats! Will this be a strictly gaming pc or multi-use? What resolution will you be using? Seems like if you want to game at 4K, the higher end CPUs are less important...Do you think there would be a big FPS difference between a 5600X/3090 and a 5900X/3090?

Thanks! Mostly gaming really so I am not that concerned about the few FPS difference. That said if it turns into a longer term used computer like my current has been (going on 7 years old), I think having the extra cores of a 5900X will be a little more setup for the future. I game at 1440p, so overall not real concerned about it at the moment, but games are starting to trend towards better multi-core/thread support.

Really my plan to to get a 5900X sometime down the road when they are easy to get and then repurpose the 5600X to another machine or sell it. But I am getting antsy to build so I am fine with it for now.

Now the graphics cards I started reading up on and turns out I'll need to be careful which models I get for watercooling. ASUS Strix and EVGA FTW3 won't fit in my O11-Dynamic case without a vertical mount which causes other potential fitment issues with radiators and such. And other cards like the MSI ones are too long and will not fit with my reservoir. The XC3 and similar sized models ought to work though. I didn't realize how freaking huge these newer cards were.

Back