Off Topic So slow I'm ashamed...

Ok, here we go. Did I mention I like Asus?
PC:
I7-6700 @ 4ghz with standard Intel Certified fan
Asus Turbo GTX1070 @ 8Gb
Asus Z-170K Mobo
EVGA 700W Bronze PSU
256 Gb Intel 600p SSD
2 TB Western Digital Blue @7200
16 Gb Adata RAM DDR4-3000
X-Titan case by CyberPower PC
24x DVD-RW LG
Many fans
-Tried to get pic of hard drive lights lighting up. It's those 2 big lights near the front at the top. Love it cuz it sits on the floor. Is there a better place for that?

On the gaming desk (notice the Mazda stickers):
Gaming desk with cable management tracks and cup holder
CPPC oversized gaming mouse pad
CPPC White mouse which I got free and thought I'd throw out. Actually like it better then my Logitech MX110.
CPPC Mechanical Keyboard
Was on sale for $5. ******* rocks.
Razer Nostromo Gaming Keypad
Occulus Rift + Touch Controllers
Kngston HyperX Gaming Headset
40W sound system with subwoofer by Logitech
And, of course, what else at the head?
Asus 27" MX279 ips hi def display, with tiny ass bezels.
I don't know how good the OSD is, Colorado, because I never use it.
Last but not least, the chair. Sweet. Got a pic of the HD Lights in it, too. HA!

Not pictured:
2Tb Western Digital RAID1 NAS.
Can't remember what it's called I've had it so long. The one before the My book.

2c25bac5952bd736add1fe40387484ae.jpg
5518dc96d6db285f11d7869d6bdda91b.jpg
5563fb5a9dd21ef9bf09da8b62d5011f.jpg
185530f0ea88269e0535373f076bcc9e.jpg
e95de57ce82e72b4d9bf06571c1404c9.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, and games I play:
Current crop. Not pictured
Unreal Tournament 4
Fortnite (a few times)
c11a1ef4914617d6de00eb611818a303.jpg

That's Battlefront 1. Bought it for 5.00. played for an hour.

Sweet setup 7, but wait just a damn minute. Is that the stock Intel cooler?

(no)

But seriously, sweet setup. Nice Oculus!

Last edited:
I have 7 case fans.
It does not get hot.
The video card does when I really push it.

Last edited:
I have 7 case fans.
It does not get hot.
The video card does when I really push it.

I would seriously like to know what your CPU temps are on heavy gaming loads. I just do not trust these piddly stock Intel coolers. And with an overclock to boot? Aren't those 3.4GHz stock?You're crazy, 7! :p

Like even $30 would get you a decent Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO which would be a considerable improvement over stock Intel in both temps and noise (Assuming RAM clearance not an issue).

Last edited:
My curtain.

Oh!! It kind of looked like a TV.

+1 for ASUS. Solid products. Been using nothing but ASUS since 2010 for mobos after getting shafted by a couple MSI boards and a Gigabyte.

I also have an ASUS latop. Thin, light, perfect for what I needed it for. Had it for almost 3 years now, still runs great.

Last edited:
Liking these AMD Ryzen CPU's giving Intel some competition finally.

I only wish Radeon still competed with high end Nvidia :(

More thinking the new ones that just dropped.

Have they fixed their single core speed problem? Ryzen is more for a business ap with multitasking vs. gaming. I'm referring to the 2700x. Is there a newer one? The better i5s equate well with the 2700x for gaming, and beat it badly if you have a 6600k and OC it. The i7 and above slay it regardless.

Even the $900 Ryzen tr1950x is crap compared to an i5 6600k for gaming. That's without OC, even. Ryzen is a terrible platform for gamers.

Last edited:
Sounds promising:
"If you know you need single-threaded performance above everything else, the Core i7-8700K is still the top CPU on the market. But in well-threaded code, especially rendering applications, the Ryzen 7 2700X is superior. The fact that it’s $20 cheaper and ships with a decent stock cooler hurts nothing, either. Intel may already be planning its*next counter-stroke, but until those rumors become reality, AMD has our nod for top overall CPU."

Sounds promising:
"If you know you need single-threaded performance above everything else, the Core i7-8700K is still the top CPU on the market. But in well-threaded code, especially rendering applications, the Ryzen 7 2700X is superior. The fact that it’s $20 cheaper and ships with a decent stock cooler hurts nothing, either. Intel may already be planning its*next counter-stroke, but until those rumors become reality, AMD has our nod for top overall CPU."

Yes, for desktop work the ryzen is better. Not for any gaming use though. If you're doing autocad, etc, go ryzen. If you're playing ghost recon, get an i7.
Noone ships with liquid cooling, so it's a moot point in my book as to coolers.

Last edited:
Back