Smart Brake Systerm

2016 Mazda CX-9w/27k miles. On three occasions it has shown the following error msgs:
Forward Smart City Break Malfunction
Front Radar Sensor Error
Smart Brake System Malfunction
All msgs. occur at the same occurrence. Dealer doesn't seem to have a clue. Front radar detector and windshield are clean. No fog & no windshield frost. If I turn off ignition and restart everything seems fine until next episode.

Is it really sunny or you're driving direction is o the sun when this happens? Really bright lights/sun can temporarily blind the sensors.

2016 Mazda CX-9w/27k miles. On three occasions it has shown the following error msgs:
Forward Smart City Break Malfunction
Front Radar Sensor Error
Smart Brake System Malfunction
All msgs. occur at the same occurrence. Dealer doesn't seem to have a clue. Front radar detector and windshield are clean. No fog & no windshield frost. If I turn off ignition and restart everything seems fine until next episode.
I just started to experience the same. What ended up happening to your CX-9?

Got both of these error messages, which included the red dash brake light on as well. the errors went away after replacing both my rear brakes (~46k miles). i did not change the front brakes.

My guess it has to do with the brake fluid sensor indicating it has reached too low of a level (due to worn brakes) and by replacing the brakes, the fluid is pushed back up to a normal level. this makes the most sense to me because the vehicle should not allow the smart city cruise control to operate if there is any issue with the overall braking system.

Back