Slight coolant leak on back of block

:
03 p5, 92 miata
I have a leak on the back of my block from what looks to be the heater core hoses. Coolant is dripping down and sizzling on exhaust after I turn the car off.

If this is the heater core hoses (I never replaced them), how much fun of a job is it to do? I haven't gotten under the car yet to see if I need to work from top, bottom, or both. Hopefully all this work is done from the engine bay and nothing behind the dash.

I've never done it and don't really know, but this is a picture of the heater core.

It appears that you may have access to the heater core connections from the engine bay.

The cover plate is bolted on from the engine bay side.

If you do need to gain access to the heater core from the inside of your car, you have to remove the entire dash.

It appears that you may have access to the heater core connections from the engine bay.

The cover plate is bolted on from the engine bay side.

If you do need to gain access to the heater core from the inside of your car, you have to remove the entire dash.

It looks like everything is accessible from the engine bay, just things are tight! Nothing like my miata where the hoses are right out in the open. Bye bye knuckle skin it looks like!

Back