Six Week Owner of Mazda CX-5 and I Backed Into a Fence. HELP!

Hello,

I've only had my new 2019 CX-5 for 6 weeks and accidentally backed into a pole today. Looking to do most of the repairs myself besides the bumper repainting. I need to replace the rear left tail light and bottom left reflector/light and black bumper under trim. If anyone could help me with a parts matrix and tail light/rear bumper removal guide, it would be greatly appreciated. I have attached some pre and post polishing pictures of the damage to the left rear bumper.

YcGVXwy.jpg

6IG2rb2.jpg

Thank you.

Best,

Elizabeth

Last edited:
Elizabeth, Did you see the thread about how soul red was impossible to touch up?

for parts, the CX5 may be too new to have many in junk yards yet, but you can try - they usually have a network of other yards they can get things from

I dunno where you live but around here I figure somebody will run into the rear of my car every few years, so don't always fix things...

Good Luck!

I dunno where you live but around here I figure somebody will run into the rear of my car every few years, so don't always fix things...

lol, that's the way I am about cleaning things (rofl2)

Try PlastX on the taillight and the reflector before you replace them (unless you absolutely want to have new parts). Good luck on the soul red paint match. I've seen machine grey metallic repairs and they look excellent, but soul red crystal is a different beast altogether.

Back