Sirius / XM question

After my 4 months free trial expired, I renewed for 5 months for $25 + taxes and when this expires, we'll see but I won't accept to pay more than $6/month. I don't listen to XM more than maybe 10hrs/month so that's the max I'll accept to pay.

I renewed my subscription for the 2nd time 3 weeks ago and I got the same $25 for 5 months deal. Told them I won't accept to pay more than that to listen to the radio maybe twice a week. They understood and gave me the same deal. In 5 months, right before the promo expires, I'll do the same.

I got tired of the childish attitude. Send me a way overpriced bill, I call and threaten to cancel, put on hold, then told I can renew at $5 like they are doing me a favor and are pretty put out about it. I have no patience for that type of customer service. Bluetooth and streaming work just as well for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I got tired of the childish attitude. Send me a way overpriced bill, I call and threaten to cancel, put on hold, then told I can renew at $5 like they are doing me a favor and are pretty put out about it. I have no patience for that type of customer service. Bluetooth and streaming work just as well for me.

I agree, it gets old to have to play games with them when renewing but at this time, I prefer having XM than use my phone for streaming. When Mazda supports Android Auto, I'll ditch XM and will use my Galaxy for Navigation and Music. Another thing that ticks me off is the Mazda email app doesn't support Gmail. I can read emails sent to my aol.com account (private) but not business emails to my company's gmail account. This is another oddity of their Infotainment app.

Count me in on this one.

They called me a couple of days ago to see how I am liking my subscription and that they could offer me 6 months for $30 (CDN) once my trial expired. I said sure I am fine with that as long as its a rolling charge and that once it auto renews that you only charge me $30 every 6 months. She said they cant do that but at the end of my subscription I can call up and see if there are any promotions going on that they can offer me.
I told her no dice, I shouldnt have to call up and fight for something like that and that Sirius subscription services are really out of date. I told her that I pay $10 a month for Spotify and I can pick what I want to listen to and when.

They tried to tell me there is more value in Sirius than streaming apps like Spotify because Sirius has live concerts and such. Like I care? I need to tune in at a specific time to listen to those, no thanks.

I dont mind Sirius and what they offer, its not a bad product but they cant compete with streaming on demand services these days unless they change their pricing and subscription models.

Back