Sirius XM issues on a 2019 CX-5 GT

One of the work-arounds for Service Alert: 047/19 is to use carplay's sirius XM App. I have two cars I'm paying for Sirius XM so I could use the APP and cancel the subscription on the Mazda? Why pay for the subscription while Mazda works on a solution?

But I digress. I'm curious as to what the NAV SD card has to do with SiriusXM connecting?
Dennis,
I said the same thing to myself. You can update it ok, the SD card works in the car for navigation ok. I just thought it won't hurt to clean the contacts and put in back.
It's good to hear about the firmware update!! Let's hope!!

Just took a top-down drive to the Florida Keys and everything was wonderful except the radio. Maybe 60% of the time, I got the "SIRIUS XM FAILED TO LOAD" error message. And the worst part was it didn't go away and the error text covered up the next turn instructions in navigation. I tried everything to fix it....I tried using Carplay instead and it either didn't work, or froze up, or was working but the error message covered stuff I needed to see.

I've had this problem with and without my phone plugged in so I don't think it's a carplay issue.

Usually turning the car off and waiting didn't help, but sometimes it did. FYI - I had called Sirius XM before the trip and they sent a new signal and it did nothing.

I have my first dealer service approaching and I'll have them look at it. This is one of those things that is intermittant and probably won't show it's ugly head when I go there.

I also have a new Kia with SiriusXM and Carplay and it never has issues like this.

I'm experiencing a pretty annoying issue with Sirius XM on my 2019 CX5 GT: upon starting the car (and waiting about a minute or so for the boot routine to complete) Sirius XM will not always work and the screen will display a message similar to "Siriu XM channels unavailable". In 80%-90% of the cases Sirius XM works. A few observations: if I select anything on the infotainment menu before allowing the system to finish the boot routine it's almost guaranteed that Sirius XM won't work and will display the above message.

I suspected an antenna issue of some sorts but while the system displays the unavailability of Sirius XM channels, I have no issues tuning into the, I think free, Sirius XM channels - there are about 10 free (?) channels upwards of channel 310.

Resending the signal request doesn't fix the issue. The only procedure that helps sometimes is turning the system off and wait for a few minutes, but again it's a guessing game if Sirius XM works after that. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't.

Worth mentioning is that prior to my CX5 GT I owned a 2015 Mazda 6 GT and I never ever had an issue with Sirius XM in that car.

I called Sirius XM about this and, as expected, they said the issue is not with them but rather with my unit in the car and I should raise this with Mazda.

Following that advice, I had Mazda dealer update the firmware to the latest one available but that hasn't fixed the issue either.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue? Any thoughts?
I have posted that only solution for me was to have my Infotainment System replaced. This did the trick for my 2019 GTR.

@DennisL the NavSD card has been in since Feb. 24 and no problems with Sirius. Give it a try. Pencil eraser and some contact cleaner on the SD card contacts.

I'm experiencing a pretty annoying issue with Sirius XM on my 2019 CX5 GT: upon starting the car (and waiting about a minute or so for the boot routine to complete) Sirius XM will not always work and the screen will display a message similar to "Siriu XM channels unavailable". In 80%-90% of the cases Sirius XM works. A few observations: if I select anything on the infotainment menu before allowing the system to finish the boot routine it's almost guaranteed that Sirius XM won't work and will display the above message.

I suspected an antenna issue of some sorts but while the system displays the unavailability of Sirius XM channels, I have no issues tuning into the, I think free, Sirius XM channels - there are about 10 free (?) channels upwards of channel 310.

Resending the signal request doesn't fix the issue. The only procedure that helps sometimes is turning the system off and wait for a few minutes, but again it's a guessing game if Sirius XM works after that. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't.

Worth mentioning is that prior to my CX5 GT I owned a 2015 Mazda 6 GT and I never ever had an issue with Sirius XM in that car.

I called Sirius XM about this and, as expected, they said the issue is not with them but rather with my unit in the car and I should raise this with Mazda.

Following that advice, I had Mazda dealer update the firmware to the latest one available but that hasn't fixed the issue either.

I had this same issue for over a year with my 2019 GTR. Finally had Infotainment System replaced and Software Updated.

No issues since then. Mazda USA is aware of this Issue.

I finally found a solution that fixed this is issue 100%
20210420_194437.jpg

Yep. I traded my MDX and I must say the entertainment system in the Acura is worse than any car I've owned. It had bugs and it took years to fix it.

I had this issue for over a year. Finally Dealer replaced Infotainment System and updated Software. Have had maybe one or two issues since then, but works perfectly otherwise.

I had the Sirius XM problem frequently. Many months ago, I asked the dealer to upgrade my entertainment system firmware and the problem has gone away. I've had zero issues since.

You don't need to replace your hardware.

I had the Sirius XM problem frequently. Many months ago, I asked the dealer to upgrade my entertainment system firmware and the problem has gone away. I've had zero issues since.

You don't need to replace your hardware.
Do they charge you for the upgrade

I had Posted same issues with my CX-5 GTR. After many months of back and forth with Mazda and SiriusXM, Mazda USA authorized a new Infotainment System and Upgraded Software. It works 99% of the time since then. Good Luck! Push Mazda USA to do the same.

I was lucky to just get .324 done. It's still flaky update. The CX5 starts i get SiriusXM music and the display is spinning try to connect to SiriusXM. Oh well it's been a problem since I have had the car. One thing to try if the CX5 doesn't connect to SiriusXM is try to connect with Android Auto for Sirius use.

Back