Sig nappa leather maintenance?

:
2016 CX-5 Grand Touring
Anyone with a Signature have any tips for maintaining/clenaing the leather seats? The Nappa material feels and looks great, though it (understandably) appears to be a bit more delicate than the leather used in the GT and Reserve models. I've had my Sig for about six months and have periodically wiped down the seats with a damp microfiber cloth. I'm starting to get a little creasing on the driver seat by my left leg already. Should I be using any conditioning products? I always hated products that left a shiny or sticky residue, so I've voided using any so far. Thanks!

I always eventually end up with that same left-side lower seat creasing on any car I've owned with leather or "leather" seats. Always wondered if it is normal or something specific to me, such as the way I enter and exit vehicles, since it doesn't seem to happen on the right side of the seat.

I always eventually end up with that same left-side lower seat creasing on any car I've owned with leather or "leather" seats. Always wondered if it is normal or something specific to me, such as the way I enter and exit vehicles, since it doesn't seem to happen on the right side of the seat.

I wondered the same. If you look at used cars, the same thing happens. I think it's related to wear and tear from ingress/egress. It probably softens and stretches a little but every time, and eventually gets stretched enough for wrinkles to become visible. Just a guess 🤷‍♂️

I have to agree it could be from entering and exiting. Could also be from driving with your wallet in your left rear pocket.

WHATEVER YOU DO, don’t use meguires leather wipes. Nothing better for stone leather but it took me days to sort my nappa out after using them.

Is there a big difference between the Nappa leather vs regular leather in the CX5? I took a quick look at a Sig and didn't really notice much of a difference in quality. Does Nappa hold up better or it it more comfortable? My left thigh does tend to get sore fairly quickly from the standard leather seats. My CRV seats are way more comfortable. Hoping its a break in issue and will eventually be resolved.

Is there a big difference between the Nappa leather vs regular leather in the CX5? I took a quick look at a Sig and didn't really notice much of a difference in quality. Does Nappa hold up better or it it more comfortable? My left thigh does tend to get sore fairly quickly from the standard leather seats. My CRV seats are way more comfortable. Hoping its a break in issue and will eventually be resolved.

Some interesting info regarding nappa leather: https://www.leather-dictionary.com/index.php/Napa_leather

Apparently the term "nappa" can be misused. I'm not sure if this is the case with Mazda. I found this article that implies that Mazda is using real napa leather, and not imitation leather as the first reference suggests, but they don't outright declare it as "napa leather". Here's a short discussion on the nappa leather used on the 2nd gen CX-9.

In my experience, the CX-9's nappa leather is indeed softer and more supple than the leather in the GT trim. These are the main distinctions - softer, more supple, dyed, more resistant to fading.

I use a spray bottle with a mixture of distilled water and ONR (Optimum No Rinse) to clean the entire interior. Works perfectly. No residue whatsoever. Just clean.

The Napa and GT/GTR leather do have a different finish and texture. The Napa is smoother and softer, and lacks the grain you'll find in the GT models. It's more similar to what you'll find in Lexuses. In terms of comfort, it's been the same to me. I liked the seats better in my 2016 GT than the 2019 Sig (not counting the seat coolers, they are amazing :) but that just comes down to the shape of the seat.

Back